Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with the many other projects i want to do, i want to install fog lights. I have been doing some reading and know there is supposed to be a plug at the fire wall and under the dash somewhere. Does anyone know where they usually are? and what the wire colors are? Any info would be greatly appreicated.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
The wire to the fog lights themselves was gray. There is a special wiring harness that plugs into the tail light wiring under the dash so there isn't any special fog light connectors to find, just the tail light connectors, etc, that get plugged into the fog light harness. All the Mustang part sellers have the fog wiring harnesses.

See: The Care and Feeding of Ponies: Fog light wiring

The lights were wired a little bit different in '65 and '66. What Veronica's pictures show there is a '66 harness which is a little different than the '65 schematic she includes but the general idea is the same.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello. :) I think that he's talking about that 68 model car mentioned in his signature line. I've been looking around for the diagram for that. I know that I have it in a couple of different places, but, I seem to have temporarily lost track of the location of those 'places'. :headscratch: I seem to recall that the wiring was very similar in 68, but, I'ld rather have the diagram right in front of me before I actually told someone that. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha its cool im just getting ready to get some so that i can install them when it warms up or when i get bored. Whichever comes first. :yup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts