Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Ford dealer the other day getting the oil changed on the MK8, and decided to wander into showroom to see what's new. In the corner they had a Shelby GT500 and a couple of GT500KR's.

As I was checking out the engine on the KR, the first thing I noticed ( well..........after the supercharger and Ford CAI ) was the rubber boots over the strut bolts. Wow! What a great idea. Simple and effective. No more rusty bolt staring you in the face.

I went directly to the parts counter and ordered a pair -- part # W713296-S300 ( they come two to a bag ) and "installed" them today. I guess this is mod #5................

Cost -- $6.00.

You could probably find something similiar at the hardware store, but these fit nicely. Here's the pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was at the Ford dealer the other day getting the oil changed on the MK8, and decided to wander into showroom to see what's new. In the corner they had a Shelby GT500 and a couple of GT500KR's.

As I was checking out the engine on the KR, the first thing I noticed ( well..........after the supercharger and Ford CAI ) was the rubber boots over the strut bolts. Wow! What a great idea. Simple and effective. No more rusty bolt staring you in the face.

I went directly to the parts counter and ordered a pair -- part # W713296-S300 ( they come two to a bag ) and "installed" them today. I guess this is mod #5................

Cost -- $6.00.

You could probably find something similiar at the hardware store, but these fit nicely. Here's the pics:
hey there i sent you a PM

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice cheap mod! My stock struts were rusty. However, the aftermarket Koni Struts I currently have do not have this problem.

·
Registered
833 Posts

Cost -- $6.00.

Good find:bigthumbsup. Think I'll try and order a pair tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Heck I pulled mine of my Shelby and put these on.

DSC01032.jpg

The rubber covers are sitting on my work bench in the garage. I'll be selling those at the next car show!;) I almost threw the darn things away!

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
I like them but i think i am going to get the caps that STL has when i get enough money to spend on underhood bling

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Might want to throw a little grease under there too. That cap alone might not be enough to keep it from rusting.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i don't think preventing rust is the idea... its to cover up the rust, LOL! I know it is for me with those damn bolts!
Amen to that.................

Mine were rusty when I bought the car!

For six bucks it's hard to go wrong...........

Maybe if enough people do this "mod", we can start a "GT500KR Strut Bolt Rubber Boot" registry.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
713 Posts
i went with the whole strut tower covers from m.a.g. much cleaner look. what like is that they don't look like an aftermarket part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.