Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so I'm constantly looking for ways to help my workplace get more business and make more money. Recently we just got a mill that I am training up on. I'm wondering what parts are out there that you all would like to see at a possible reduced price that are somewhat basic parts (throttle body spacers, etc). I'm looking for just a basic list of parts that I can possibly draw up and make small batches of on the side and not only help out my work but also everyone in the Mustang community with quality parts at a lower price. Thanks.

·
Registered
804 Posts
You should make a plenum spacer that turns the air intake assembly by 90* and has the intake point straight forward vs. to the left.

I've always been jealous of LS motors and their symmetry.

If the price was right, I'd buy the sh!t out of that.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
You could do a lot of cool billet steel/aluminum accessories like the various interior trim parts (hvac knobs, button covers, etc). Something I haven't come across yet is a billet antenna base to replace the black plastic one. They do all that stuff on CNC lathes and mills I believe.

As far as performance related parts I'm really not sure. TB or intake spacers would be great but unfortunately they're worthless on these (and most) cars.

·
Registered
512 Posts
wheel spacers in my opinion are way over priced!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Thanks for the in put. I like the idea of turning the intake by 90*. If it all works out I'll be sure to post up some pictures and if I'm able to produce a small run of parts I'll be sure to give everyone here the first option. Thanks again!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Turning the intake seems like a big can of worms. You'd have to relocate the throttle linkage for one. Not to mention the vac lines and intake pipe. Or am I on the wrong train of thought?

Anyway, how about the good old adapter plates for NPI heads to PI intakes? A lot of people out there would buy these, but the high price from only 1 or 2 vendors is deterring.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to look into that a little bit Hood Time. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Turning the intake seems like a big can of worms. You'd have to relocate the throttle linkage for one. Not to mention the vac lines and intake pipe. Or am I on the wrong train of thought?

Anyway, how about the good old adapter plates for NPI heads to PI intakes? A lot of people out there would buy these, but the high price from only 1 or 2 vendors is deterring.
You could be right, I've only thought about it in theory. Never really looked underhood for them.

The intake adapter would be an awesome idea. Do you think a 4V intake would bolt on with an adapter?

I saw a guy on the threads that put a Dodge Dakota intake on his.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Who sells the adapter plates? I looked yesterday and could only find the kits. Thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't think anybody does anymore. That was my point. Livernois offers it only in their intake kit. Beats me why they don't offer it separately. Or do they?? There was another company who offered the adapter plates. I forget their name, but I know they stopped selling them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think anybody does anymore. That was my point. Livernois offers it only in their intake kit. Beats me why they don't offer it separately. Or do they?? There was another company who offered the adapter plates. I forget their name, but I know they stopped selling them.
Mhs use to sell them but stopped. That kits on sale now for like 350. You figure $200 for intake, $125 for hoses, water nipple, and other little stuff. So I'm thinking its not to bad of a deal.
Thanks

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have had a similar thought as you when it comes to making parts. One thing I thought about doing was drawing up prints for lower control arms and making them myself some cutting and welding might be somewhat easy? idk it was just an idea.

·
Registered
804 Posts
There are enough great cheap LCAs on the market right now already. You would end up paying more in manufacturing costs and materials than a new set would cost.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not really looking into too much welding at the moment. I do have the availability of welding equipment but mostly just looking for fairly simple and easy parts. I'm possibly looking into a short throw shifter right now. Just need to get one first to start drawing up one to build. As for the NPI adapter, I unfortunately don't think I'd have that much time or the option to look into it. It sounds like a great idea though since not really anyone is doing that. Thanks again for the great info guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts