Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, my coworker seems to want to be in a competition with me for some reason I don't know... He's a Toyota lover, and for some reason hates Fords... he said he just had a 2JZ or what ever (The one from the Fast and the Furious movie) into his twin turbo supra... both stock I read that his car in a drag was .5 seconds faster on a 1/4 mile track but I have no idea now... I'm going to stoop to his level but I get paid minimum wage, what can I do to my car to beat him? my car is a stock 2002 v6 auto... I'm already upgrading visuals but what can I do to beat him on a drag?

added: also I was thinking, there's a place for $100 that'll flash my CPU to get rid of my limiter, will this possibly improve my HP and response time punching the gas?

·
Registered
622 Posts
your going to need more than a flash tune..

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
If your 4real about this...lots of money.
More than just bolt on's or flashing anything. I would just pass it up.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I understand... but in the fake world that I wish I lived in, what WOULD I need to beat his car?

·
Registered
622 Posts
i'll let you use mine... lol jk.. your going to need lots of power.. what does he run in a 1/4?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no clue, I am not even sure he did the engine drop... he might be blowing smoke out his tail pipe, but none the less, what would it take?

·
Registered
622 Posts
if and this is if he is really running the twin turbo.. he's 320hp and a quick 1/4 mile time i est, about 13.1-14.4 depending on how good he is.. your going to need some 4.10 rear gears, a custom tune, dual exhaust, a cai, no rev or speed limiter, God to reach down and kick your car in the butt while yall race.. his car would give my car a good run if he is really running a twin turbo.. if he's not and all he's got is the 2jz motor which has 220hp your going to need a tune and a cai, to give you the edge you have 4.0 or 3.7? which is about 210hp+tune should give you 231 roughly plus the cai will bring you to roughly 246hp at the fly and roughly 200rwhp.. so it is possible if he doesnt have the tt you could take him. i hope this helps you some

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so you are telling me that he did a bad thing by swaping engines? kool to know... though he is running I believe it was an '89... I have no clue to what my car has, all I know is I bought it from a FORD dealership well know in my area as a used car, and it's an Automatic... I wanted the 04 Convertable but my parents told me it was $2000 too much... so under the assumption that my car is bone stock and I do those 2 upgrades-BTW what's CAI?-would you think that'd be just enough if I have the better reaction time?

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
So you have an 04 V6? With all bolt ons like CAI (cold air induction), UDP's (under drive pulleys), X pipe, dual exhaust, custom tune, you might be close to 180rwhp. Gears with a T lok will help alot, maybe like 4.10's like mentioned.
If you've got the money..check out www.supersixmotorsports.com buy some major mods there and he's going to see your tail lights.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
576 Posts
yea youl need a well built 5.0 or 4.6 and a turbo or supercharger atleast. My friends got a 7M single turbo v6 in his 80's something supra and its a stock rebuilt bottom end with a larger turbine in a stock turbo housing he's dynoing at 390hp. He says he could make more hp on a stock 2jz because it can hold more boost.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyone know the price on a straight saleen engine? i'm thinking of in the far future of shoehorning a 10 or 12 in my stang....

·
Registered
396 Posts
First find out if the engine is a 2JZ-GTE or a 2JZ-GE. If its the 2JZ-GE I would say intake and a tune and you have him. If its a GTE then sell the house, because you are gonna need a turbo, or an s/c, or a whole lot of nitrous to even have a chance. The GTE is the twin turbo version of the GE and its rated at about 320 horse stock.

I hate to admit it those 2JZ's are very good motors. Unfortunately ricers can't even call that engine "JDM power yo", because Toyota actually contracted with a German engineering firm, which designed the 2JZ.

Back on topic though, make sure you find out which one it is before you do any kind of racing.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think he is bluffing or has no idea about cars, cause even he has to find out... he said it's a twin turbo 2JZ though... ok assuming that He has the GTE version... assuming money is no object, what would I need to at the very least beat him if I have a faster reaction time? basically I'm asking, what would make my engine into a "Ford" equivalent of a 2JZ? or how about a CAI, 2 Turbos, remove the limiter and Nos?

·
Registered
164 Posts
You would need to rebuild the engine with forged internals cause if you go turbo you can't do stock internals and if you go stock internals they won't hold up for too long. Twin turbos are cool but you don't need them just a properly sized turbo would do the trick. You need and intercooler for the turbo. You would need better heads and intake manifold all sold on supersixmotorsports.com. Bigger throttle body,ignition, Etc..... Pretty much alot of stuff and money. And also you should really never mix nitrous and forced induction they don't do too well together.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
........... ok.....

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
You would need to rebuild the engine with forged internals cause if you go turbo you can't do stock internals and if you go stock internals they won't hold up for too long. Twin turbos are cool but you don't need them just a properly sized turbo would do the trick. You need and intercooler for the turbo. You would need better heads and intake manifold all sold on supersixmotorsports.com. Bigger throttle body,ignition, Etc..... Pretty much alot of stuff and money. And also you should really never mix nitrous and forced induction they don't do too well together.
You can run a turbo on stock internals. Just dont run anymore than 6 or 7 psi.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
you should really never mix nitrous and forced induction they don't do too well together.
who told you that?
people run nitrous with s/c all the time. on a boosted motor, having a nitrous kit is as good as having a methanol kit, the nitrous helps bring down the temperature in the combustion chamber.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
OK What Stock Ford engine?

What Stock Ford (Or Crate) Engine could I do a swap for that could beat a 2JZ for under 1000 (If Possible) then?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
yea youl need a well built 5.0 or 4.6 and a turbo or supercharger atleast. My friends got a 7M single turbo v6 in his 80's something supra and its a stock rebuilt bottom end with a larger turbine in a stock turbo housing he's dynoing at 390hp. He says he could make more hp on a stock 2jz because it can hold more boost.
Uhh, why do you need a 5.0? or a 4.6? A well built turbo 3.8L will get the job more than done.

Need forged? No, people run 10-12psi on stock internals with no problems, its all in the TUNE. J's junkyard motor was making 12.1 passes in his 3800lb VERT on 12psi. And who told you nitrous and f/i don't go together?

He has told me it is a "GTT" (Twin Turbo)
GTT? Does this guy have a clue what he's talking about... ask him what year this thing is.

What Stock Ford (Or Crate) Engine could I do a swap for that could beat a 2JZ for under 1000 (If Possible) then?
Well lets see, to beat a MKIV supra with a 2JG-GTE you would need some pretty decent work. Considering its a stock car and does not have any BPU modifications done to it. Now if its a 2JG-GTE into something else it depends how well everything is set up. No crate engine under 1,000$ is going to get you beating a 2JG-GTE because you would still need wiring harness for said engine, computer tuning, a stronger rear end, and the list goes on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.