Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so here's the deal this is the second time this water leak has happened. In 2014 I left the GT out in heavy rain and found this issue, addressed it with the TSB 08-26-7 including replacing the cowl grommets, seam sealer galore, new door weather window stripping, etc. Everything in the TSB was addressed and the issue was solved. Now it's back 4 years later...

SO new cowl grommets, properly heated into place, forward pinch weld still airtight with seam sealer, PASSENGER AND DRIVER DRAIN PLUGS CLEAR AND GONE. So water isn't rising and creeping into the cabin airbox inlet. SO WHERE THE HELL IS THIS WATER COMING FROM.

The car is just left out in the rain, not driving so it's not a heater core leaking it's rain water. AND it's definitely dripping from the very top of the cowl channel as indicated in figure 7 of the TSB listed here:
http://www.stangpit.com/wp-content/images/docs/s197-tsb/08-26-07.pdf

The TSB also addresses using seam sealer around the heater plenum rubber boot in figure 3, which was done from the inside and out. and I know the water isn't coming from the door wiring harness hole.

I felt and can see water dripping from the very top of the footwell just beneath the cowl channel and the only thing I can think of is if beneath the windshield there are openings that aren't covered or addressed in the TSB. I had safelite replacce the windshield about 2 years ago and I don't know or remember if there were any openings beneath the bottom of the windshield glass that could let water into the cowl channel in figure 7.

Full video I recorded here of what was done:

Attached are pics of the new cowl grommets heat cured and the gray seam sealed into place, and the drain plug hole that's clear

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts