Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys my other thread doesnt seem to get attention anymore. But i decided to go with the Infinity Kappa 6x8/5X7s which are 100 watt RMS at 2 Ohm with a peak of 300 watts. Would it be better to go with the MTX MXA4004 4 channel amp which is 100Wx4 @ 2 Ohm (50Wx4 @ 4 Ohm) or the Infinity 7541a which is 139 Watt X 4 @ 2 Ohm (111x4 @ 4 Ohm). Would the Infinity be too powerful for the speakers?? Thanks

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I would match the RMS for prolonged listening pleasure. But, what is the peak output of each respective amp?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
05 SatinSylvia said:
Sorry guys my other thread doesnt seem to get attention anymore. But i decided to go with the Infinity Kappa 6x8/5X7s which are 100 watt RMS at 2 Ohm with a peak of 300 watts. Would it be better to go with the MTX MXA4004 4 channel amp which is 100Wx4 @ 2 Ohm (50Wx4 @ 4 Ohm) or the Infinity 7541a which is 139 Watt X 4 @ 2 Ohm (111x4 @ 4 Ohm). Would the Infinity be too powerful for the speakers?? Thanks
You would have to know what the speakers are rated at. Don't know what you have now, shaker? or the standard radio. Should be ok with the shaker speakers but not the standard ones.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I have an Alpine 9853 head with the Shaker speakers, but the speakers are what I am replacing with the Infinity Kappas.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
05 SatinSylvia said:
Sorry, I have an Alpine 9853 head with the Shaker speakers, but the speakers are what I am replacing with the Infinity Kappas.
You should be ok as long as you you don't keep it cranked all the way up. Yes, even though you don't have it cranked all the way up, your wattage can still peak, but with the 300 w peak rating, it should be ok intermittantly.

·
Registered
214 Posts
IMO..

go bigger if you can..
300w peak so about 150w rms..
and you're gonna push 139w to them..

k, what kills speakers is SHYT
SHYT is what ya get when yer maxxing out your amp to power something (think THD)
you'll be running the pre-outs to the amp right?? so extremely minimal distortion..
now you're gonna crank the amp to get the volume you want..the amp reaching closer to total harmonic distortion (again THD)

i'd get something around the 200w+ per channel @2 ohm and set your gains down..
that way you're never reaching the threshold of the amp, meaning you're never gonna send the speakers SHYT

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Always go witht he Lowest THD... Period. you would be amazed at what 22Wats sounde like at .07THD.

Oh, and I would buy MTX Amps... period.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kyle, which MTX would you recommend? Do you agree with Whiplash and would get something over the Kappas max RMS of 100? What about MTX MXA6004 150Wx4 at 2 Ohm? Also, is there anywhere I can get a cheaper but still of high quality amp wiring kit?? the one at best buy for a 600 watt amp was $90

·
Registered
352 Posts
amps

IF you get a amp with more power you do not have to turn
the gain up as high and there for you work the amp less
the speaker get power all the time .. and the amp will not over. heat...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.