Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys here's the thin i been wanting to change the TB of my car and the plenum but im looking at the prices and they are a lil bit out of my range at the moment i was wondering are like alternate swaps of this parts.

heres its the list of the current mods i have at the moment

Full PI swap
CAI intake
Thrush welded mufflers
2.5 Exhaust piping with two stock cats
motorcraft plugs
Xact wireset
stock t stat

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
C&L plenum & Accufab 75mm is the best combo, im a little bias though since I have that combo:laugh:

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
does anybody have any experience with the BBK throttle intake? im considering buying it.

also do these require a tune?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
One, it's BBK so I wouldn't buy it:p and second, for the given mods you have in your sig, your engine does not flow enough air to benefit from the larger TB. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
the dyno sheets at the plenum thread said 75 mm is NOT too much for a stock 4.6 though.....

·
Registered
5,023 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
ok good to know.

but regardless, does a new plenum/tb combo require a tune?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Its always best to get a tune though to really benefit from the t/b and plenum. Stick with accufab though.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
well i want to get a tune, but i have to get all my mods before i get a tuner, because my computer doesnt work with the SCT software. when i had my v6 i had to resend in my tuner to get new tunes uploaded to it. so i want to just get all my mods, then get a tuner so i only have to order it once

1 - 15 of 15 Posts