Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys yerterday i took my stang to shop for a custom 2.5 exhaust pipe.Im a little worried about something i did, i took four of the six catalitycs out two of the had the o2 sensor i know this could trigger the CEL on the car but what other things could this do to it, did i did something bad or its of no worries?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
If you put in a 2.5" high flow catted x or h pipe, you will be fine. I ran one supercharged for ~75k miles and never got a check engine light. The trick is to have the Cat between both O2 sensors, which yours has if it was an aftermarket catted pipe. :bigthumbsup

The high flow cat will reduce exhaust backpressure and make the exhaust a little louder. No negatives to the engine. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply well thats the problem they took the middle one out too so basicaly what i have its just the catalityc that comes after the headers you think that i can damage the engine like that?

·
Registered
91 Posts
the first o2 sensors are in the manifolds, the other two are after the cats, you will be fine, if you get a light you will need mils or a tune, you will not hurt your engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts