Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I just bought my very own mustang and i love it, but i have a bit of a problem. The patch in the door panel where a lot of information is on is gone. So i don't know what the colour code is, the transmission and so on.
It's a red 1971 coupe with a 302 engineblock with drumbrakes and manual gears box with 3 gears forward and a reverse. I used the search but i can't find the right information.
I hope some of you can help me.

Greetz

Stefan Bouwman

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Try FORD Customer Service, I know they have someone there that can dig up the info you need. You'll need to give them your VIN number, when you get them on the phone explain your situation and they'll get it to the right person. It might take up to six weeks, but it's worth the wait, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Well your paint code was on that door tag.If the car has a buck tag its a metal plate under the hood if its got one they might have the paint code in it.If its not there you need to check in a door jam or around the trunk to see the first color.And look at 1971 Mustang Colors

·
Registered
78 Posts
I believe on my Mustang their is a metal plate on the dash you can see through the windshield if your looking outside.
I believe they have some information on them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The metal plate on the dash is the VIN number.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
To get a Marti Report with a vin only won't give you the paint codes those are long gone since he don't have a door tag.Only hope is a buck tag or maybe finding the build sheet under the interior.The vin only tells what year which body which engine and what plant it was made in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
VIN Report

To get a Marti Report with a vin only won't give you the paint codes those are long gone since he don't have a door tag.Only hope is a buck tag or maybe finding the build sheet under the interior.The vin only tells what year which body which engine and what plant it was made in.
Might want to check Marti's web page. For $17 he has a full report on your car with color inside and out plus options.

::Marti Auto Works - 1955 - 1989 Ford Parts

I'm doing this with all the Mustangs I own, all 12 of them. All you need is the VIN number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts