Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to the world of EFI so my question is this... Am i ready for an injector size increase??????? Because I believe i have far exceeded the capacity of my stock 19# ers. Why i think this is as follows 1) im easily at 425 to 450 hp on spray 2) my car wants to go like hell till about the 1000' then falls 3) from what ive researched after 300hp you want to jump up a size injector 4) i was at a car show yesterday and from what my buddy told me just now was everyone that looked at my car was AMAZED that I was still running that STOCK 19# injectors..... PLEASE confirm this or correct me if im wrong...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I am fairly new to the world of EFI so my question is this... Am i ready for an injector size increase??????? Because I believe i have far exceeded the capacity of my stock 19# ers. Why i think this is as follows 1) im easily at 425 to 450 hp on spray 2) my car wants to go like hell till about the 1000' then falls 3) from what ive researched after 300hp you want to jump up a size injector 4) i was at a car show yesterday and from what my buddy told me just now was everyone that looked at my car was AMAZED that I was still running that STOCK 19# injectors..... PLEASE confirm this or correct me if im wrong...
Have you dyno'd the car? Odds are she is fuel starved at the big end. You may also need to look at the pump.

What are you using to tune the vehicle?

On a side note...I have some 80lb injectors I'll sell you. ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a 190lph pump... 80s are a bit much dont you think... im guessing 36 to 42????? no dyno just old school test and tune!!!!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I was joking on the injectors. i just have a spare set is all. Lol

If you were to run it on a dyno I'm sure she would show the fuel system is starved.

G

·
On a side note...I have some 80lb injectors I'll sell you. ;)
And to think i just bought 60's.......:cursing:

I was joking on the injectors. i just have a spare set is all. Lol

Back for just a couple of hours and already teasing me.....:thanks:

To the OP you need to upgrade the fuel pump & injectors.....

For the sake of conversation how much are you spraying.....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spraying a wet kit 150 to 175...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Yeah, the pump is ok...but you may still need to upgrade it once you do the injectors. As Reg siad "minimum 190"

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx guys. I have a BBK 255lph in tank pump on the way, aeromotive adjustable fpr, and im going to order 42lb injectors.. that should give the o'l 5.0 some fuel... am i missing anything???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.