Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headscratch:I just completed a long awaited head and intake swap. Until now my car had a stock motor with a 5lb A-trim,running 19lb injectors and a 12:1 FMU (I know a tune is a better way to go). It ran perfectly.

When I changed heads and intake, I upped the injectors to 30lbs, and changed the recal tube in the C&L to the 30lb red unit.

When I went to fire the motor up for the first time, with the blower disconnected, it would not start. Eventually after openning the throttle, it would start, but would not idle below 3000rpms. The car was running way to rich.

I replaced the 30lbers with the 19lbers, and the car ran perfectly.

My question is, do I need to adjust the fuel regulator to a lower pressure for start up ? Or do I need to have a custom chip burned to tell the computer that I am running 30lb injectors ?

After reading all the magazine tech articles, and most of the posts on the web, I thought that by changing the mass air calibration, that would compensate for the larger injectors and at least allow for the motor to run.

The closest reputable tuner is Toronto, which is a three our drive, so I at least need to get the car running with the 30lbers and be able to drive it to the tuner.

The intake is a GT40 tubular, the heads are GT40 y303, cobra roller rockers, 70mm throttle body, 73mm C&L, full exhaust, vortech a-trim @ 5lbs. The car has never been to the strip, and is only used sparingly on the weekends for some fun.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey Hows it going, You definetly need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator that should help things out alot. I live in windsor And we HAve an excellent Mustang Tuner I think thats an Hour and a half Drive. You live In grand bend and You dont plan On stripping the car at all How far to the track do you live? I go down to grand bend About 2-3 times year and run Maybe one time we can meet up and cruise or kickback and talk about the stangs. But for now I would definetly look into getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live about 5min North of the Bend along the lake.

So you think I need an adjustable regulator ? What pressure would you set it to for starting ?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Yes, you should definately get an adjustable regulator, and he should be the one to tell you what pressure to use. You two somewhat close in territory and he has a similiar setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Tom, who's the tuner in Windsor ?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I run 42#. The name of the Place that tunes Is WPRacing And his name is Joel I can give you his number if you want. Just let me know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.