Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two injectors that had cracked pendall (?) caps ( the dome looking things on the end of the injector, the part that goes in the engine.), I removed them but i cannot find them anywhere, the only way I can get them is to buy the entire injector, which I do not need.

My question is , can I run those two injectors without the caps or are they crucial to the injector working properly?

Drew

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I bought a repair kit from Oreilly Auto Parts. They are Pintle caps. It was a Borg Warner part, #274081 . I think pep boys sells them too.

Hope that helps. Do not run it without the cap.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GhostDog. A friend of mine had 4 extra injectors, so i just swapped them out. But thanks again.

Drew

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Cool. Sounds like it's coming together. I'll bet you can't wait. Did you get a body kit for the crx yet?:gringreen
You should pressurize the system(run the pump constantly) for a few minutes before the initial startup, to check for leaks, since you've been extensively into the system (and, in case you're using any lines from the '89 which might be tweaked...). Holding you're EEC plug (terminals facing you) so that the four terminals are along the bottom, with the two terminals up top. Ground the bottom right terminal. turn the key to run, and the pump will run constantly.
Make sure that first startup is "firing her up", only in the figurative sense...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.