Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i was wondering is there any diference between the 5.0 injectors and the 4.6 injector? Or what injectors should i look for in order to gain HP?

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
You should stick with whatever injectors you have.
Throwing in a set of injectors will not increase power. Injectors support horsepower. Upgrade injectors when adding a supercharger, NOS, or a turbo. More air requires more fuel, so you need bigger injectors.

If you just bump up to larger injectors, your car will run like dogshit unless you get a tune to run them. On a stock car, there is zero reason to upgrade injectors.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the replay. I got some mods, i got BBK CAI ,exhaust currently its some cherrybombs but im gonna take them out and put some thrush welded in 10mm spark plugs cables, motorcraft sparkplugs.

What else do you recomend shall i do?

im new to the mustang scene

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Read through this thread, it pretty much covers the basics and will get you started. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...mods-do-first-1999-2004-gts-final-thread.html

If it were my car, the items on my to-do list at this time would be....

1) Off road exhaust midpipe. Doesn't really matter power wise whether you go with an "H" or "X" configuration. And don't throw out your factory catted midpipe, these have a way of coming in handy in the future.

2) Rearend gears. At the risk of sounding ignorant, just get 4.10's or 4.30's and call it a day. This will be about the best entry level mod you can do.

3) Short throw shifter if your car has manual transmission.

4) Suspension stuff, like subframe connectors and lower control arms. These two items alone will help you get power to the ground a little better and make your car's handling feel much more confident.

5) PI Swap. Basically this is swapping your current heads and intake with that from a 99-04 GT. This is going to be a mandatory operation if you are truly on a quest for power.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Read through this thread, it pretty much covers the basics and will get you started. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...mods-do-first-1999-2004-gts-final-thread.html

If it were my car, the items on my to-do list at this time would be....

1) Off road exhaust midpipe. Doesn't really matter power wise whether you go with an "H" or "X" configuration. And don't throw out your factory catted midpipe, these have a way of coming in handy in the future.

2) Rearend gears. At the risk of sounding ignorant, just get 4.10's or 4.30's and call it a day. This will be about the best entry level mod you can do.

3) Short throw shifter if your car has manual transmission.

4) Suspension stuff, like subframe connectors and lower control arms. These two items alone will help you get power to the ground a little better and make your car's handling feel much more confident.

5) PI Swap. Basically this is swapping your current heads and intake with that from a 99-04 GT. This is going to be a mandatory operation if you are truly on a quest for power.
YES,YES,YES,YES,and YES!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you say PI swap you are saying that installed on my car the stock PI of a 99-04 gt or is it a diferent model?
I forgot to mention it but my car came with short throw i guess thats a good thing the previus owner did

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
PI
Performance Improved, or Improvement or whatever.

The '99-04 cars have different heads, cams, and intake than the earlier 4.6L's, which gave them a bump in horsepower.

I don't know what year your car is. But since you're talking about spark plug wires, that leads me to believe it's not a PI motor.

You can find all those parts for fairly cheap, and it'll boost your compression on your car, and get a pretty good hp gain.

Do a search on the site or use Google. You can find tons of info about it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im checking out my valve cover and i found that the valve cover they are from a 99 car and has this code 9G804AB does this means anything or should i be worried about it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nevermind my last replay I found out that my car has already a PI swap so i guess i got lucky when i bought the car from the owner thanks to all the people that helped me on this topic i own u one :D

PXx_WiLo_xXR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts