Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just picked up a 91 hatchback and I went to go give him a hand looking her over and tuning her up a bit . After tracking down a lower intake leak, I pulled his upper (cobra) intake. The motor from what we know for sure:

-stock bottom end
-E Street heads (don't know valve size 1.90, 2.02?)
-FRPP B Cam, he thinks?
-Cobra intake, BBK 70mm, CAI, C&L MAF
-headers, no cats, flowmasters

Once I pull the upper I get to inspecting the injectors/fuel system. Dark Blue tops, hmmm? I pull one out and run the part#. 36lb injectors?!?!? WHAT? The car does have an aftermarket MAF and it looks to have been tuned because it has some hand etched initials etc on a little plack that we can't make out on the MAF.

So how do we handle this? Obviously they are WAY overkill but if the MAF is calibrated is he okay? I know there is a point in which the pulse time can only be so small at idle etc. The car runs pretty good and makes decent power. I told him 24's were more his size but he would prefer to not spend a couple hundred on a new MAF and injectors.

This was way longer than it needed to be. :hihi:

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
36 are overkill..probably good for like 450 n/a..best bet is to find a dyno or install a wideband o2 and see what the part throttle and WOT a/f ratio's are...if its way rich,something smaller and/or a custom tune would be in order

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Yeah 36 are way too big and the MAF still might not be able to trim enough off and still run rich. See what the plugs look like and try to see what brand the MAF is also.

Also what brand are the injectors cause Ford 36 lb'ers are red I think.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Whooopppsssiiiieeee my bad I had a brain fart.:kooky:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts