Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:

I Purchased a new 2011 Base model V6 with no real spoiler and now looking to add one.

I found one on ebay that is the FR500 Cobra one and was getting ready to order it but I looked over the pic real good and realized it looked different. It does not go down around the 3rd brake light.

These are the 2 I am interested in. Cant beat the price with them painted and shipped. The Cobra one painted is $125 shipped and the California Special Edition one painted is $155 shipped

I do really like the Cobra FR500 that goes around the 3rd brake light. But will be allot more money.

What do you guys think? Also the cheapest I found the OE looking FR500 was $215.00 shipped unpainted. Any better prices out there?

Cobra Spoiler
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120730720715&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

California Special Edition
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&item=140557019359&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid%3D354906685574787778

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
You mean GT500 right?

That one you have the link to is not a GT500 spoiler, the GT500 spoiler is much bigger. That one is closer in size to the backup camera spoiler.

If you want a good quality spoiler you will have to pay but it will be worth it in the long run.

Look here: Welcome | 3dCarbon Website

·
Registered
837 Posts
The GT500 spoiler seems to be the popular choice.

If you're going to buy it, I suggesting waiting a bit. When I decided to buy it, it was $260 painted. Not sure why there is such a big difference, though it seems like their price fluctuates randomly.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Thanks, I just wish it was a tad cheaper. So is this the cheapest one around then painted? I was hoping to be around $250 shipped?

Thanks again :bigthumbsup
This is a deal where you get what you pay for.

Wait a little while and save your pennies...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Are there any spoilers with the camera mount built in.

Seems like us camera guys are fck'd when it comes to other options.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Don't do it.

Keep it clean by not having one, which in turn will make it stand out from other Mustangs.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm going Pedestal Spoiler i'm more into the road race look myself. And I do agree You get what you pay for here at that price it seems a lil to good to be true painted and warranted for only $130 some thing just seems wrong here

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I like the California Special spoiler myself :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hang on for a bit and keep an eye on CJ Pony parts for a sale. I got mine there and paid much less than $300. Father's day is coming up and if they do as usual there should be a sale.

A few here have bought from the eBay dealer and have been satisfied with the quality for $$ spent but if you want the GT500 style you will need to either get the 3D Carbon version or order the real deal from Ford and have it painted.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm going Pedestal Spoiler i'm more into the road race look myself. And I do agree You get what you pay for here at that price it seems a lil to good to be true painted and warranted for only $130 some thing just seems wrong here

I think I lost a little MPG going to that spoiler over the stock GT one. Let me know if you get better or worse or same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts