Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone, Hello- I hope yall are doing fine.

I have a loose item in each door. I took my door panel off (to some extent) so that I can reach in and get whatever it is that has worked loose. It's right under the door handle/lock. I reached in & It's like a cylinder I know it has to do with the locks because I pulled it down then up and it worked the lock (maybe).

Now, also, let me mention My '93 has POWER DOOR locks but they dont work. Might this be the reason?

Like I was saying earlier, I think it's a cylinder and it lines up with a small hole in the door. I'm pretty sure it was rivitted to the door. I can see through the small hole what looks like a broken rivitt The same hole is on the other door and it too is broken -

Should I try and drill the broken rivett out?
  1. through the small hole in the door?
  2. take it out? I cant see to take it off-?
  3. Should I replace them? with what?
Thank you guys so much. I'm new to the 'stang scene- Best decision I've ever made gettin rid of the ole Bird. It's a true love. This car is freakin awsome. I had a restored '68 firebird, nice car. Enough tourqe to twist the sheet metal, fun, great cruiser, but, to tell you the truth old and well somewhat uncomfortable. I mean dont get me wrong I restored it frame up & it turned out beautiful. I'll tell you right now -- It'll never be what this COBRA is. It hugs the corners and it'll turn 'em over 1 thru 4. I've havnt smiled this much in the last 10 years. It's WONDERFUL!

·
Registered
457 Posts
You need to remove your panels and see if the lock actuators have been removed. I have the same problem. My power lock wires were cut by the previous owner and I was unable to lock my doors so I took the panels off and removed the actuators. Now I can manually lock my doors, but I have a rattling sound coming from the passenger door. I believe the rod that runs up to the lock it's self has some play in it. Can you manually lock your doors? If so, chances are your actuators have been removed too. The panels have a good bit of those famous ford plastic rivets, and you'll probably mess some of them up when you remove the panel (everyone does) so you might wanna pick up a door panel hardware kit. Oh yeah, can you see the plastic sheet that covers the inside of the door? If not, this can be another reason to think someone has had the panels off before. Hope this helps.:bigthumbsup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts