Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Do you mean the plate covering the console between the shifter and the console armrest? You might check uprproducts.com (UPR's website) - they make billet pieces for the interior of Mustangs (and other vehicles). I am planning to get some of their stuff for the interior of mine (have ordered a headlight pull, want a/c knobs, cruise control switches, cup holder rings among a few other things), and I think I have seen that piece available from them. Their site sometimes seems to be arranged a little weird, so you may have to search around a little bit. There are other companies that make billet pieces for Mustangs, too, but I don't know their names right off hand. I have seen some of UPRs stuff and think it looks pretty good. Some of their stuff is stainless steel (the ring in the picture you posted might be), but most of it is actually (like many companies) aluminum - billet aluminum (and I almost bet the plate in which you are interested is). You can get most things in either a brushed finish or a high-shine polished finished. If you don't find what you want there, you might do a Google search for "Mustang billet console" or something like that. I will have to say, though, that my experience with ordering from UPR so far has been that they are kind of slow, but maybe that was just because I ordered a piece they seem to have trouble keeping in stock, and not a 'big money' piece. Luckily, I recently found (after I placed that order) a Mustang salvage yard in my area that also carries new UPR stuff. From now on, I will probably go there and buy stuff instead of ordering it. That way, I can get my pieces right then and see them at the point of sale. If you find pieces on their website that you want, you might check around with performance shops, etc. in your area to see if you can find a source close to home. Prices don't seem to be much different either way. Hope this helps. To me, the interiors of our models of Mustang seem almost to be an afterthought. It's up to us to make the interior look as good as the exterior!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, ill look around ill have to drive to a big city to look around bigest town around here is like 20000 people, which is so small, but ill go check around, i got most of my mods done for my body (the ones i like) still going to change the wing to a 3peice Saleen wing, and get the honeycome for the back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.