Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was interrupted a good 3-4 times but i feel really accomplished. I was able to jack my car up, replace the rear shocks (had 40k on them) with take-off GT500 ones, and i managed to sneak in some FRPP rear springs while i was at it :winks

All in all it took me about 2.5-3 hours only because i got the rear sway disconnected, the shocks gave me some trouble getting them off cause of the self-locking nut, and the fact that every install guide is on a coupe. I have a vert with stock subframe connectors that majorly got in the way when i was trying to lower the rear so i had enough room to get the spring out. The subframe connectors consumed a ton of time just cause of how long and awkward they are for 1 person to line up properly.

but OMG, i've only driven about 10 miles but it feels sooooo much better. kicking myself for not doing this sonner! I've still got to install the fronts, i just ran out of gas after a day at work lol. I also have a BMR adjustable panhard en route as well. I checked the wheels with my level and they are spot on but i'm still installing the PHB.

Oh and my hands are never going to come clean after today, sooo much grime on them haha

·
Registered
603 Posts
I got my fronts and back springs (with GT500 strut mounts) installed a few weeks ago. I highly recommend an alignment. Just make sure the person doing it centers the steering wheel first, the steering is so much more precise it will drive you nuts if the steering wheel is off center all the time. Or that might just be me. :gringreen

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Nice job, I can see how you'd feel that sense of accomplishment (again)! :bigthumbsup

I guess oftentimes us (and the manufacturers) take coupes for granted and don't think of those extra steps required for certain mods for vert owners that can be somewhat straightforward for coupes but not you.

Thanks for sharing and enlightening (or reminding) us who sometimes forget these things :yup: :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've still got to get the front springs and panhard in but then i'll be looking at an alignment. no sense in doing it twice lol

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got the front springs installed today, doesn't look much different from how it was before but i'm waiting to see if they settle a little since they are brand new springs

·
Registered
603 Posts
got the front springs installed today, doesn't look much different from how it was before but i'm waiting to see if they settle a little since they are brand new springs
Actually, I notice the drop more in the front than the back.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts