Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another question, has anyone put hood pins on, and can tell me how?? Does anyone have pics of hood pins on a 2005 mustang and can post pics?? Any help before I start drilling this weekend would be appriciated thanks.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Probably too late now but stlwtr has done it, you might want to search his posts or pm him.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You know there are some hood pins out there that you DO NOT have to drill into your hood to use. The base plate applies with 3M tape. That is if they are for looks and not totally for nailin' yer hood down. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I dont want them for looks, I want them so my hood does'nt blow off a 140+ MPH. Since I live in Germany I can go that fast, but my hood bows and shakes like crasy at around 115 MPH. I already bought the ford racing ones, but am still waiting to find out how and where to install them.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
1. Oh yes, please don't get the fake ones! How nerdy! :rolleyes:

2. I'm thinking about getting them as my hood have popped twice after letting go on the finnish line... Only the first step but scary enough. A local guy had his come off (not a S197), through the window at some 130 MPH... Glass everywhere... inkluding the guys face and IN the frigging eyes!

(That's why I have my visor ON the helmet AND down!)

3. If/when I have it done I'll have it done at a (paint) shop for rust protection. Have seen too many cars with rust on and around the plates. Even 03-04 Cobras so it goes quick if you don't protect it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
are they not alum. hoods?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rass,

I got the ford racing pins and I am working on the install now. I will post up a how to as well as some pics when I get them done - week or so hopefully.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have installed the ford racing hood pins on my 2005 gt.
And yes the hood is aluminium but very thin. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rass said:
Another question, has anyone put hood pins on, and can tell me how?? Does anyone have pics of hood pins on a 2005 mustang and can post pics?? Any help before I start drilling this weekend would be appriciated thanks.
I have the Ford Racing Pins.

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Dude, LOVE the stripes!! How was that done? Different color, or just lots of pearl??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts