Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing a boost gauge and it wants me to hit a wire connected to the parking lights. Where is a nice place to access this wire? Do you hit it at the head light Sw. or out in the engine bay heading to the lights? Or is there some kind of accessory panel or fuse block to do this?

Thanks Fellas

Ken

G

·
For interior lights I usually hit the radio illumination wire. If you have an aftermarket stereo / harness it's even easier to find which one that is.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would one of the two brown wires coming out head light Switch work? I think its the wires heading to marker lights.

Ken

G

·
You'd have to find the wiring diagram for your year-make-model, but you can definitely tap in at the the headlight switch. I try to avoid it myself because clearances are tight in that harness and if you hack the wrong wires you can make a mess of it, and usually the wires are small (at least the one for interior illumination). I think you'd want the one for interior illumination and not exterior lights... that way you'll be able to dim it along with the other interior lights. (If it's electronic then you'd want a constant 12V supply and probably wouldn't be looking for a light-switched wire).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'd have to find the wiring diagram for your year-make-model, but you can definitely tap in at the the headlight switch. I try to avoid it myself because clearances are tight in that harness and if you hack the wrong wires you can make a mess of it, and usually the wires are small (at least the one for interior illumination). I think you'd want the one for interior illumination and not exterior lights... that way you'll be able to dim it along with the other interior lights. (If it's electronic then you'd want a constant 12V supply and probably wouldn't be looking for a light-switched wire).
Thanks Joz

Its a mechanical vac/boost gauge. Just needs lit up when i turn on the lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts