Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed a new BBK 62mm throttle body. I was doing it because I broke a 50 cent plastic screw housing on the stocker trying to adjust the idle. I could not get the stock TB to idle. It appears BBK has a brain, in contrast to Ford, and made that screw in housing from metal. Thank you.

The car started and idled right away. Of course the tune is now way lean and in need of an adjustment or two. It also is going back for another, and hopefully final, round on the dyno. Yeah, right.

Right now I feel like it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back. But I'm OK with that because at that pace I will eventually get to my goal. The way I look at: Instead of getting stabbed $300 for a 50 cent part, I just eliminated a weak point/choke point in my total system, the stock TB.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm happy that you are able to rationalize your sickness as well as I do. :)
I could rationalize a mod to the point where I have myself convinced that if I don't do it then all the children in Africa will die from starvation.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I could rationalize a mod to the point where I have myself convinced that if I don't do it then all the children in Africa will die from starvation.
And that's why you're the master :worship:worship:worship:worship:worship

G

·
Hmmmmmmm... I feel like savin' a few kids... what's on sale at americanmuscle?

You're right though you probably saved yourself a headache down the road with a part that might fail. It's justifiable.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
haha, Im getting a supercharger to save the children from realizing who is driving the mustang next to them.... :wavey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.