Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well day two of our new 5.0 and I installed a Boss grille with emblem and the CS lower fascia with fog lights. It only took me about 1 1/2 hours taking my time so not bad at all. The worst part was that it is about 91 degrees today with 95% humidity.

We really like the look and it sets it apart. Here are a couple of before, during, and after pics.

Before

During

After

·
Registered
653 Posts
looks Bad Ass
I love the way it came out

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks much!!

It will really set our car apart and give it a killer look.
Love it, wish they had a boss grille for the v6. I think that would look great with my pony package tribars

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love it, wish they had a boss grille for the v6. I think that would look great with my pony package tribars
Thanks!!

Yeah, that is too bad. It would look really nice with your package. Can you use a GT surround and make it work?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
that looks awesome!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks great!:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks!!

Yeah, that is too bad. It would look really nice with your package. Can you use a GT surround and make it work?
Yes but Im trying not to spend that much! Maybe one day someone will make a nice boss grille insert for the sixer.

I like your car, looks awesome.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Lookin good. Great way to stand out from the herd.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
653 Posts
Ok now you pissed me off :)
woke up this morning and started lookeing up parts to do this mos

found the lower CS lower fascia with fog lights here for under 300 bucks
2011-2012 Ford Mustang Lower Fascia Fog Lights

and the same place has the boss grill for $269 but think that also comes with the grill surround

Where did you get your parts, and did you get the whole grill or just a insert

I allready have a surround being painted body color, so if I can just find a insert will save some bucks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

and the same place has the boss grill for $269 but think that also comes with the grill surround

I allready have a surround being painted body color, so if I can just find a insert will save some bucks
That is a really good price on the fascia and fog lights. I paid more than that. The grille I got off Ebay and paid $350 shipped but that also included the pony emblem. The emblem is sold separately so make sure you read the ad really well. The $269 from the same place does not include the emblem. I can't remember now which place it was but right after I bought my grille someone like LRS or AM had the grille on sale at a good price. I bought it about 1 1/2 months ago and not that many places had it yet. More will start carrying it and it should get cheaper. Again, remember to make sure whether it comes with the emblem or not.

As far as the grille, it is a direct replacement. You just pull out your grille with surround and put this one in. It has the surround and everything built right into it. The surround is black but can be painted whatever color you want. I left it black as I think it makes it look meaner!!

Good luck with your search and sorry about pissing you off!! LOL!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Great combo!!! That really is a sweet transformation, very aggressive!
Thanks for sharing I expect to see a few more rides at the car shows sporting that look now.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great combo!!! That really is a sweet transformation, very aggressive!
Thanks for sharing I expect to see a few more rides at the car shows sporting that look now.
:bigthumbsup
Thanks!! Yeah, I didn't want to even post that I was going to do this before we had our car. I wanted to get it done and then put it up.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Hey Don (or anyone else wanting to do this), here are the install directions I followed. It was really easy and way less complicated than trying to follow the picture directions that were supplied with the products.
2010-2011 MUSTANG GT CALIFORNIA SPECIAL FRONT VALANCE KIT INSTALLED - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well day two of our new 5.0 and I installed a Boss grille with emblem and the CS lower fascia with fog lights. It only took me about 1 1/2 hours taking my time so not bad at all. The worst part was that it is about 91 degrees today with 95% humidity.

We really like the look and it sets it apart. Here are a couple of before, during, and after pics.

Before

During

After

Lookin good man! Great work :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
That just looks amazing! So much better than the stock GT. I would love this same look for my V6.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That just looks amazing! So much better than the stock GT. I would love this same look for my V6.
Thanks, we couldn't agree more. I just took it in to show my salesman and he couldn't quit staring at it. He also loved the sound of the Bassani axle backs.

It sounds like it would be tougher on the V6 front end. It would look great though!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I looked at doing this on my V6, but it requires the GT front fascia. I LOVE the boss grille and it looks great on your car!

I'm over in Kzoo, I'll keep my eyes peeled for your car!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts