Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the sexiest front end yet.
Install was pretty straight forward, the instructions that came with the front fascia took some time to figure out as it is detailed with cartoon drawings.

The Roush grill was a snap, instructions full of color photos made it much easier.

I love the new look, it makes the front end look a lot cleaner.
What I didn't care for was the fact that you can see the radiator support clear though the grill. I took care of that by using some rust olem flat black enamel and a fine brush. I covered all the "white" portions of the frame that could be seen through the grill. The only part I couldn't paint was the radiator itself. It turned out really well.

Here's a before look.......

Here's some pics of my sleek front end!!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got the fascia earlier in the week, and I got no stinking directions!:angry
I was told on another forum that the install is straightforward, but I coulda swore I read somewhere that you had to drill a zillion holes...
How about installing the splitter?
BTW.. Yours are both OE Ford parts?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Very nice!!!

I've been thinking of doing something like that (or dropping the car, haven't decided which yet) and one thing that keeps giving me pause is the functionality/efficiency of the foglights in the lower fascia. How do they compare to the OEM ones?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I was told on another forum that the install is straightforward, but I coulda swore I read somewhere that you had to drill a zillion holes...
It's pretty simple...There is a good DIY here or on one of the other copycat forums. Couple of screws and pins at the corners and it slides off toward the front.

On the splitter, yes you need to drill a zillion holes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice!!!

I've been thinking of doing something like that (or dropping the car, haven't decided which yet) and one thing that keeps giving me pause is the functionality/efficiency of the foglights in the lower fascia. How do they compare to the OEM ones?
Yeah, the stock factory fogs are much better. Check out Modshack setup looks like he's running 2 sets of fogs, functionality is much better.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, its Ford parts.
The splitter was much easier to install, just have to line everything up, clamp the ends so it doesn't move, mark the hole and drill the holes. Start with a very small drill bit like 1/8" , then drill the holes again with a 25/64" bit.

The front fascia will be a little tricky if you don't have instruction. I can mail you a copy if you want.

·
Registered
146 Posts
what is up with the plug looking things u have where your license plate would go?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah, the stock factory fogs are much better. Check out Modshack setup looks like he's running 2 sets of fogs, functionality is much better.
The "Fogs" that come with the CS fascia are pathetic. More like a warm glow DRL then anything that could be considered appropriate for actual lighting. On my Eleanor grill, I replaced the fogs with a set of Hella Driving Pencil beams custom mounted into the original Fog light adjustable brackets.. The lights (fogs) in the fascia are still controlled by the switch, the Driving lamps are powered through a relay when the high beams are triggered. They light up the night...:)

More pics of the conversion:
Fog to driving light conversion album | Ttschwing | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Looks great, I did the same thing minus the splitter. Isn't there an HID kit that replaces the fogs in the CS fascia? I'd love to do that because as Modshack said, the fogs that come with it are pretty much useless.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what is up with the plug looking things u have where your license plate would go?
I removed the front plates. It was already drilled when I bought the car.
It left to holes in the bumper so instead of going to the body shop and spending an arm and a leg to fill and paint the bumper, I used some plastic plugs I found at Home Depot. It look crappy but to me it's better than having a huge ugly plate in the front.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The "Fogs" that come with the CS fascia are pathetic. More like a warm glow DRL then anything that could be considered appropriate for actual lighting. On my Eleanor grill, I replaced the fogs with a set of Hella Driving Pencil beams custom mounted into the original Fog light adjustable brackets.. The lights (fogs) in the fascia are still controlled by the switch, the Driving lamps are powered through a relay when the high beams are triggered. They light up the night...:)

More pics of the conversion:
Fog to driving light conversion album | Ttschwing | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

I agree totally with you about the crappy lights that come with the front fascia, they are quite useless.
I question about the use of your Hella Driving lights. I assume you use them for night driving and not actually as fog lights. The reason being that if you've ever driven in heavy fog, using your high beam actually make vision worse. Thats why fog lights are normally lower to the ground and maybe deeper in color. Yellow or low light output helps reduce glare. Your front does look awesome!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow! Looks fantastic. Exactly what i was planning on doing minus the splitters, but i think you just convinced me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks great, I did the same thing minus the splitter. Isn't there an HID kit that replaces the fogs in the CS fascia? I'd love to do that because as Modshack said, the fogs that come with it are pretty much useless.
I bought a kit from Venomous StangZ Performance - have not had time to install them but looks fairly simple (1 x 2010+ Mustang V6 Fog Light H11 HID Kit = $100.00 Kelvin Ratings 4,300k - OEM White)

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's pretty simple...There is a good DIY here or on one of the other copycat forums. Couple of screws and pins at the corners and it slides off toward the front.

Thanx man..
Looking at the front end without the fascia makes sense when I look at the C/S fasia.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes, its Ford parts.
The splitter was much easier to install, just have to line everything up, clamp the ends so it doesn't move, mark the hole and drill the holes. Start with a very small drill bit like 1/8" , then drill the holes again with a 25/64" bit.

The front fascia will be a little tricky if you don't have instruction. I can mail you a copy if you want.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna hit it w/out 'em first. I'll PM you if I get stuck.
The clamps are great idea. I'll pick some up before I start.

·
Registered
644 Posts

Looks great, I would install the brake cooling system where the GT/GS fog lights go.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I agree totally with you about the crappy lights that come with the front fascia, they are quite useless.
I question about the use of your Hella Driving lights. I assume you use them for night driving and not actually as fog lights. The reason being that if you've ever driven in heavy fog, using your high beam actually make vision worse. Thats why fog lights are normally lower to the ground and maybe deeper in color. Yellow or low light output helps reduce glare. Your front does look awesome!
Those are driving lights, connected to his high beams. They are not fog lights.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks...I don't drive in fog, but I do drive at night...Not sure even an HID set-up will make those CS Fogs even close to functional.

Those are driving lights, connected to his high beams. They are not fog lights.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
585 Posts
Looks great, I would install the brake cooling system where the GT/GS fog lights go.

It's a street car....No need whatsoever for that. If you do do that though you'll find some higher maintenance and cost issues if used day to day (hose wear). I've done brake coolers on other cars and they're helpful for track use...Not so much on the street, especially with the Brembo package that runs pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts