Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the GT500 Rear Diffuser today. Sorry for the crappy picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Installed the GT500 Rear Diffuser today. Sorry for the crappy picture.

How much was the diffuser? What was the difficulty of the install? Oh yea, looks great.. Great lines.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I put a diffuser on last week.:gringreen

·
Registered
452 Posts
Installing a rear diffuser other than what was installed on the car from Ford VOIDS your warranty for everything on the back of the car including but not limited to, bumper cover, mufflers, tail lights, spoiler, rear camera (if equipped) Faux gas cap etc. Ford issued a recent TSB on mods so be careful and make sure you put your old diffuser back on if you take in for warranty repairs........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :winks

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Installing a rear diffuser other than what was installed on the car from Ford
Installed GT500, check
VOIDS your warranty for everything on the back of the car including but not limited to, bumper cover,
No flaws from the factory, check
mufflers,
Installed Dynomax cat-back, check
tail lights,
Got VHT Nite-Shades, check
Opted spoiler delete, check
rear camera (if equipped)
N/A, check
Faux gas cap etc.
Oh! We found one that might be affected
Ford issued a recent TSB on mods so be careful and make sure you put your old diffuser back on if you take in for warranty repairs........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :winks
Ha ha... huh? Not worried. In most cases, aftermarket manufacturers guarantee their product better than Ford anyway.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the part from www.carpartsestore .com for $125 + $6 handling. Free shipping. The valance arrived with some slight scratches though. It did not come with instructions but I found instructions to install the Roush rear valance and used that. It took a lot more work than I anticipated. You practically pull apart the entire rear end, tail lights, bumper, and even the license plate. I have the Shaker 1000 subwoofer in the back and I had to pull that out to reach the inner bolt for the RH tail light. You will need a racheting phillips screw driver to unscrew the 3 little screws behind the rear wheels since a stubby screw driver will not fit the gap. Unless you want to remove the rear wheels just to unscrew 6 little screws (3 on each side). But the biggest PITA was pulling out the center tabs that connects the old valance from the bumper. You'll need to use a lot of effort to pull those out. You'll also need to reuse the original hardware so be careful not to break the original pushpins.

I'm not really good with tools but anyone who can read instructions and can turn a wrench and screwdriver can do this job. Took me 3 hours to get the job done.

Here's the link to the instructions:
http://www.ninosport.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/roush-rear-valance-install.pdf

Next weekend project will be installing the CS front fascia and the Boss splitter.

·
Registered
456 Posts
where did you purchase yours? I see em' online for decent prices but then shipping is often almost as much as the actual diffuser!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Talk to your local dealer. Cost is $150, but you can usually swing a 10-20% discount on them at the counter.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Installed GT500, check

No flaws from the factory, check

Installed Dynomax cat-back, check

Got VHT Nite-Shades, check

Opted spoiler delete, check

N/A, check

Oh! We found one that might be affected

Ha ha... huh? Not worried. In most cases, aftermarket manufacturers guarantee their product better than Ford anyway.
Dude, my post was pure sarcasm. Simply trying to make a joke of Ford's recent TSB on mods. Basically, if that screw isnt the original Ford OEM screw its all void! A joke! Over your head guy? Diffuser looks awesome. Will be doing the same one. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
That looks awesome. It's definitely something I'd love to do, but I'm wondering how my backup sensors would work... Have to drill holes I'd guess.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I got mine from the dealer for $133...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I put a diffuser on last week.:gringreen
Someone has been watching The Fast And The Furious one too many times ...:hihi:

Just messing with you buddy, not my style but cool :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Someone has been watching The Fast And The Furious one too many times ...:hihi:

Just messing with you buddy, not my style but cool :bigthumbsup
Actually in truth I have never seen any of them. I do watch the FIA DSM, GT1 and GT3 championship races on the net.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Sorry man, but since this thread is over 4 years old, I don't think you'll get a response.

Although the side-splitters look like Roush to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.