Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything to tint the center brake light? It sorta stands out now. Then I noticed how red the reflectors are on the sides of the rear 1/4 panels. I intended the blackouts to be my last appearance mod but now....

Video of how the lights look in broad daylight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn32xdvZ7Uk

Link to Idaho's laws on turn signals and brake light brightness and whatnot (don't whine about legality until you read it):
http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title49/T49CH9SECT49-919.htm

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
I am impressed how well they look in the daylight. :bigthumbsup
I almost ran into some idiot who had tinted stop lights that you could barely see.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
well, at first, i didnt like the car with the blackouts.. but after reading the vanity plate, its the coolest car on the website.:gringreen...yes officer????

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Very nice look, you may find some inserts on ebay that are darker. I saw some the other night ,when I was browsing.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
moss motorsports has transparent vinyls for all lights on the mustang, including side markers, turn signals and 3rd brakelights

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
moss motorsports has transparent vinyls for all lights on the mustang, including side markers, turn signals and 3rd brakelights
I have heard nightmare stories of vinyls peeling off and looking like a house that hasn't been painted in 30 years. Not sure why. It seems like vinyl graphics stay on delivery vans, through car washes and stuff.

Peeling vinyl would make me cry. And yes, it's "yes officer" I love to watch people, in the rear view mirror, "get" the plate. They puzzle over it for a while and you can see it on their face.

Fortunately, the police like it too. I saw a cop take a picture of it, from inside his car :)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
very nice car. i kinda have the same problem as the OP does. i have the GTS blackout covers on my satin silver mustang and last night i blacked out the area between the tailights so now its black all the way across. i also have black stripes so it looks mean now. and now my third brake light stands out to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.