Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72,882 Posts
lavrishevo said:
Convinced me, I am going to order the BMR LCA's and tower brace next. I want to lower the car but it just seems so easy to trash the bottom of the car with dips and peaks in the road.


DW
You won't be sorry. BMR is good stuff! Don't have their STB, but it looks like a good solid piece.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,569 Posts
stlwagon said:
If the car is or will be lowered, the adjustable LCAs and 3rd link (UCA) are a good idea. 3rd link especially to maintain optimum pinion angle. You may also want to look at LCA relocation brackets. They provide additional rear mounting holes that allow you to alter control arm angles. Good for the strip!
Is there a benefit to having lca's that are adjustable on both ends? I'm thinking that one end being adjustable is more than suficient.
I agree about the relo brackets; and those can come later. I'll be more focused on spending $ to make the power, then I'll tweak for traction as necessary. But wheel hop elimination would at this point, already be beneficial.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72,882 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
Is there a benefit to having lca's that are adjustable on both ends? I'm thinking that one end being adjustable is more than suficient.
I agree about the relo brackets; and those can come later. I'll be more focused on spending $ to make the power, then I'll tweak for traction as necessary. But wheel hop elimination would at this point, already be beneficial.
I've only seen LCAs with a single adjust point. Have you seen some with 2? Not sure what the benefit would be since the goal is just to lengthen or shorten the LCA. That can be accomplished with one adjustment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,569 Posts
stlwagon said:
I've only seen LCAs with a single adjust point. Have you seen some with 2? Not sure what the benefit would be since the goal is just to lengthen or shorten the LCA. That can be accomplished with one adjustment.
Yes I have. I agree, I think if it's adjustable that's all I'll need. However, reading on The Mustang Source many people have still noticed some wheel hop without using uca's in conjunction with lca's.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72,882 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
Yes I have. I agree, I think if it's adjustable that's all I'll need. However, reading on The Mustang Source many people have still noticed some wheel hop without using uca's in conjunction with lca's.
That's true... I did my LCAs first and the 3rd link a few weeks later. LCAs helped but the UCA really finished off the wheel hop. Afterall, it's a single point of failure and the bushings on the stock UCA are just as mushy as the stock LCAs and panhard bar. If I could do over, I would replace the LCAs, UCA, and panhard bar & brace at the same time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,569 Posts
Good to know. Do the LCA's have to come out to do the other two?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72,882 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
Good to know. Do the LCA's have to come out to do the other two?
Nope... just be sure to do 1 LCA at a time. If you remove both stock ones first, the axle will rotate a little and make the install harder. Probably doesn't really matter but I'd recommend doing the LCAs, UCA and panhard bar/brace in that order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,569 Posts
stlwagon said:
Nope... just be sure to do 1 LCA at a time. If you remove both stock ones first, the axle will rotate a little and make the install harder. Probably doesn't really matter but I'd recommend doing the LCAs, UCA and panhard bar/brace in that order.
Based on the pics I saw on the install at CHE I could not tell what the UCA's attach to, could you enlighten me a little more please?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Do LCAs help with that damn thing that happens when you go over a bump in a curve and the rear wheels momentarily lose traction? I hate that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,569 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72,882 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
Thank you!

And I see there is only one, not two like the lca's.
It is a weak point. Too much torque and you could theoretically tear it right off the mount. Though I haven't heard of this happening with the S197.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72,882 Posts
sdwndr said:
Do LCAs help with that damn thing that happens when you go over a bump in a curve and the rear wheels momentarily lose traction? I hate that...
Sure will. Helps to keep the tires focused on the ground.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
sonny1213 said:
Yes, chrome molly, but they're blue. Should it be blue molly? Hell, I don't know. Here's a dumb ?. Is there a right and wrong end to install these?:confused:
The blue molly ones yes... it tells you in the instructions where the fat ends go and which way they should point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
sdwndr said:
Do LCAs help with that damn thing that happens when you go over a bump in a curve and the rear wheels momentarily lose traction? I hate that...
That's the one thing I hate about my suspension...whenever I go on a cruve and hit a bump and I lose traction, I feel like im gunnna fishtail....bad feeling. That will be my next mod after my CAI
 
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Top