Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new AEM wideband Air/Fuel Monitor/Controller. I want to be able to safely change the parameters of my tune and you just can't do that without knowing you A/F ratio. It's already given my a huge HP increase because I fould I was running rich while squirting nitrous. I was running 10:1 or below, way too rich. 11.5:1 is a better ratio for shooting nitrous so I just put in a smaller fuel nozzle in the sprayer and I was in the low 11:1 range, perfect. My SOP dyno indicated an immediate 25 HP increase. I will be doing more tuning at the track tomorrow. TRACK OPENS TOMORROW!!! Finally.

I think this is a must have mod if you plan on changing your tunes or want to know how they really are dealing with your AFR. Most out of the box tunes are very conservative, to be on the safe side. If you know your AFR you can safely coax more HP and toque from your tunes.

If you do get this item you might note that you will have to have a bung welded into your exhaust pipe before the cats to hold the wideband O2 sensor. I already had this from previous trips to the dyno so I was able to just screw in the new sensor. Other than the O2 sensor the only other two connections are +12V and Ground, very easy.

http://rpmoutlet.com/aemgauge.htm

·
Registered
886 Posts
Cool. How much did it cost you to have the bung welded in? and where'd you mount the guage? I'd love to do this in the future, but the pricing may be prohibitive for a while.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Question about AEM A/F ratio wideband meter

Does the LED readout and the sweeping LED needle work simultaneously or do you have to switch from one to the other?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
5twenty - Your posts are awesome... every few days a new upgrade...

When I see a thread started by you I say,"Uh oh, what has he done now?:laughlitt"

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waxed'05 GT said:
5twenty - Your posts are awesome... every few days a new upgrade...

When I see a thread started by you I say,"Uh oh, what has he done now?:laughlitt"
Thanks for the compliment, I've been on a roll with the mods lately. I'm nearly to the end of the list. This weeks I'll be finishing my gauge pod and installing a nitrous pressure guage. I'm also on the prowl for a drag tire setup.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great Idea

I've got the bung in place for a recent Dyno run to check my Fuel/Air to see if anything had changed from the Summer.
Having this little item offering info all the time is an awesome opportunity for anyone with a tune and or other mods.

Cheers Paul

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ultraclyde said:
Cool. How much did it cost you to have the bung welded in? and where'd you mount the guage?
I think it was $60 to get the bung welded in. I put the guage in an A-pillar gauge pod. Check it out here. http://rpmoutlet.com/05gtgaugea.htm

48 volts said:
Does the LED readout and the sweeping LED needle work simultaneously or do you have to switch from one to the other?
Both work at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts