Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new SLP Axle back loudmouths last weekend and what a difference. Sounds awesome and seems to have added a little boost in horse too. These are not for the timid nor maybe a daily driver. They are very aggressive, but I love the roar on full throttle and nice rumble at about 2000-2500 rpm and nice back kick as the engine throttles down in gear. Have stock GT engine, 5 speed manual with 3.55 gears and these pipes scream when you stomp on it. Wouldn't recommend a higher gear setup because constant running in the higher power band range you may have trouble quieting the pipes when you need to. But ordinary acceleration and driving still gives a nice rumble/tone and the more aggressive you drive the louder they get. If you're concerned about a little highway drone then don't bother but I love hearing them in all kinds of driving conditions. Find myself varying my speeds on the highway just so I can hear then react. Always liked driving with the windows open and now even more so. I only drive the car 2-4 times a week so love the load roar when I'm looking to drive for fun and cruise nights during the warm weather. Also have loud pipes on my Harley so you know where I'm coming from. CAI is next!

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Since you have no muffler, aren't you going to have problems with the car passing inspection?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since you have no muffler, aren't you going to have problems with the car passing inspection?
shouldn't in NH.If I do my son inlaws friends garage should pass me or a buddy in the mustang club maybe. Just in case i need to do a quick switch i saved the stock pipes and will swap them back after the sticker if i really need to. Inspection is really concerned about the original cats location as far as exhaust is concerned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the exact same SLP's and love them. I have a friend who put them on his car but never listened to them (for some reason :headscratch:) when he installed them, but went with a Borla exhaust system instead. Hey, can't argue with that setup either, but I was pleasantly surprised after I bought them from him when I heard the nice, throaty tone the SLP's gave off. I can't wait to install some SLP long tube headers with a new mid-pipe sometime in the next year or so.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I have the exact same SLP's and love them. I have a friend who put them on his car but never listened to them (for some reason :headscratch:) when he installed them, but went with a Borla exhaust system instead. Hey, can't argue with that setup either, but I was pleasantly surprised after I bought them from him when I heard the nice, throaty tone the SLP's gave off. I can't wait to install some SLP long tube headers with a new mid-pipe sometime in the next year or so.
You may want to re-think adding L/T and new mid pipe, as SLPs sound best with the stock H...and maybe some cams.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You may want to re-think adding L/T and new mid pipe, as SLPs sound best with the stock H...and maybe some cams.
i agree. slp's are the best way to go and not mess with anything else. keep the rest of the pipes stock. those that have done further changes ended up changing out the slp's to a less agressive muffler.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have the Pypes delete muffers, much more aggressive than my friends SLP's even has less drone which I don't give a crap about I like the sound of power

·
Registered
558 Posts
Pypes blow man.. Its a cheap alternative that doesn't satisfy

Be nice!!

second congrats on the loudmouths. its a night and day difference when you have them. i remember after getting mine done i went from being really quiet to suddenly setting off my fiance's car alarm when i first started it up:hihi:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.