Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Much to my surprise I received the Street Scene custom shell & grille with the centered fog lights the other day. I ordered the grille about 5 weeks ago but it had not been released to production at that time. I installed yesterday.

Prior to installing the grille I protected the top of the bumper by applying the wide painter's tape. I removed the stock grille and I did have a tough time releasing the two center bottom tabs which fit extremely snug. After removing the stock grille, I set the new grille in place without inserting the tabs to check for alignment etc. There is more open area with the new grille which is great for air flow but you can now see metal parts of the radiator housing which you didn't see with the stock grille. These metal parts are painted the same color as the car so they are going to stick out like a sore thumb when the new grille is in place. I used newspaper and painter's tape to mask off the area around the grille and spray painted these metal parts with Eastman underhood black paint. Also, I noticed where they rivoted the metal grille to the outter shell the rivot heads which are about the size of a common pin head were shiny which again would show once the grille was in place. I dipped a Q-tip in the underhood black paint and applied to each rivot head. The rivots are on the inside bottom of the shell as well as the inside top. The wiring harness extensions which they supplied has blue plastic clips on each end and I definitely didn't want the blue to show once installed so I sprayed these with the underhood black as well. I also painted each of the tabs which are attached to the fascia since these will also show once the grille is installed. Upon installing the grille, I did notice the fog light connection on the driver's side was hitting the metal part of the radiator housing ever so slightly but with a gentle push it slides under the metal housing. I also noticed you definitely have more room to change the bulb for the fog light then with the stock grille.

I am extremely pleased with the fit and looks of this grille. Street Scene did a great job designing and producing. Street Scene does include a grille emblem which I thought was really tacky looking so that got tossed. The grille is a little pricey at $269 BUT when ya hot ya hot!! :eyepoppin

I included some pictures. If anyone is interested here is the link to Street Scene and as well as the link where I purchased (Sport Truck Direct in Arizona).

http://www.streetsceneeq.com/product_list.asp?mi=5

http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/index.html

Later....Dave

·
Registered
528 Posts
RedFire:

Let me be the first to say that it looks :eyepoppin and I want one:drool: ! Good job and it looks great!!!! (Thanks for the install tips for those of us who are going to install (hopefully soon).

G

·
Very nice. Congrats. I am to do this mod on my list of stuff this spring.

Do they also offer one in plastic honeycomb like the stock look?
What was the emblem the gave you?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow,

Look at all that engine compartment room. I could actually get into the engine compartment to work on it. We are lucky now to be able to stick our hand in to remove a spark plug.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zrullac said:
Wow,

Look at all that engine compartment room. I could actually get into the engine compartment to work on it. We are lucky now to be able to stick our hand in to remove a spark plug.
I hear that at the car shows...actually the men say ...."****....look at all the room!"....soo funny

·
Registered
829 Posts
Neigh for me. I like the stock grille pony light arrangement like the factory did it ...Sure a sweet little truck. I see its twin regularly. A fella in town has one just like it! sure is cool.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Awesome Dave! Looks great.

I ordered that grill last Tuesday ;o) I have been dying to get it checking out front every time I hear a car go by.

Some good tips in there too they will help a lot when I get to tinkering with mine!

I ordered a tri-bar running pony for mine a few days after I placed the order and It just arrived today actually! http://www.classicmustangparts.net/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=1966+shelby+grill&osCsid=4591dcb70e72be10ac0dc1c2ab955a1a

Took me forever to find one.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Got a call today saying 3 to 4 more weeks. Apparently it's on backorder. ;o(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts