Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got around to installing my mac cold air intake and mac x-pipe this weekend, those went in pretty easy except for the fact that the bracket they gave us for mounting the maf sensor didnt fit, so the sensors only being held up by the tubing, which should be fine. i didnt get around to wiring it up to the new eec though so its still speed density. along with this stuff i changed the battery cables and connectors, running 2 gauge now, and changed the tranny fluid. this morning i was checking it after it warmed up and i noticed it was leaking. it looks like the leak is comming from a fitting on the passenger side that connects a metal hose to the tranny. i tried tightening it but it was allready pretty tight. my brothers gonna take a look at it when he gets home from work and hopefully itll be fixed. my moms picking me up and i have to go to the dentist :happyhapp ... so i cant work on it till later tonight.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
So how did it go ?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my brother called up his friend who owns a tranny shop to see what was causing the leak. he said to replace the o-ring and the little clip that holds the hoses in. so we did that, started it up.. still leaking, after about five more attempts we gave up and i took it into the tranny shope the next day. i guess the fitting that holds the o-ring and the clip that hols the hose in was smashed in a little on the top so it couldnt create a seal. he said it was because of the tube that connects to the h-pipe was rubbing on it. so they replaced it and i was done with it. thank god

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.