Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think its hard to install a supercharger yourself. Ive allready installed an x pipe, cat back and lowering springs on my 01 cobra. Thanks guys

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
it's not hard, it's the tuning that requires expertise, also you'll need bigger injectors, mass air and fuel pump, unless you can score that blower cheap it's better to sell your car and buy one that someone has already modded

·
Registered
252 Posts
well i wouldnt buy a new car that someone modded..that defeats the purpose of modding a mustang let alone a cobra!. Its not hard to install but you need to dyno tune it afterwards by a performance shop:bigthumbsup What kit were you looking at?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Installing an exhaust system and springs is an easy job to do, installing a supercharger is a little more involved and time consuming. For one thing, I don't know how well mechanically inclined you are and it depends on the type of supercharger your installing as to how involved you'll be getting. For me to install and tune, it's an easy job I've done many of them. For you this is your first install, and I really don't wan't to give you advise and tell you it's an easy job when I don't know how well you can turn a wrench. If you have a couple of buddies, who are mechanically inclined and know what their doing you could most likely install it in a weekend providing you have all the parts needed and instruction sheet. If it's a job you really want to take on, then go for it just remember to learn from any mistakes. And make sure you correct, any mistakes you might make along the way. When you are done with the installation, make sure you find yourself a reputable tuner because this will be the most critical point of the installation you definetly don't want to be running it on the lean side. If the tuner is more 10-15 miles from your home, I'm assuming that's where you'll be doing the installation put the car on a flat-bed and tow it to the shop. Then you won't have to worry, about anything going wrong along the way to the tuners' shop. Good luck with it, just take your time and you should do fine, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup P.S. If you really want to be safe, just put it on the flat-bed and tow it to the tuners shop then you should have no worries at all.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Just take your time and follow the instructions and you'll do fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.