Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I got a pioneer DEH-1300MP stereo to put in my 2006 V6
I tore the stock stereo out but am now confused because the new stereo is about half as tall, and not quite as wide as the stock unit
What am I supposed to do to get this thing to fit and not flap in the breeze? I've heard there's plates you can buy that fill the empty space...can someone provide a link to the one I'd need? Also, do I need to buy any special wiring harnesses or anything?
Thank you!
:worship:worship:worship
Please help me afm, you're my only hope
also, the empty space in my dash and cupholders and panels missing are hellaz the ugly...:gringreen

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just go to any stereo syore tell em you need a slot for ur aftermarket they make them specifically to fit the car and any aftermarket u have to get it when u switch it, it only costs like 20 bucks no biggie p.m. me if u need help

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found the adaptor plate at my local walmart, but now I think i need a wiring harness, because the stock stereo had two big plugs going into it and this one just has a bunch of loose wires. I can tell the big thick rca style one goes in it's spot, but I haven't a clue what to do about the other wires
Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
please guys, i need a model number or something, I found the dash kit but I called around and can't find the harness anywhere...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you guys so much
sorry I got a little crazy back there, I guess the thought of my pony all torn up forever kind of threw me into a panic.. anyhoo thank you guys seriously, this forum is so awesome and mellow
That harness looks like it'll work, and I think I found the plate I need. Thank you thank you thank you thank you:worship:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
No worries sorry it took so long to respond i was at school, ya the stereo shops have he harness for like $25 it will be a plug on each side one to go intof your cars harnest plug and on the other side to plug into the new head unit:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
226 Posts
try going to crutchfield.com they might have stuff that could help

·
Registered
344 Posts
The beauty of buying your new stereo from Crutchfield is that they include the correct adpter, harness and detailed instructions for your specific car, and their prices are very competive. That's where I got my Pioneer B3200BT last year.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just as a side note, I checked on crutchfield.com and your stereo is seeling for $79.99 including the adapter, harness and install guide.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
This is why I'm hesitant on ripping out my stereo, lol. I'm sure it's not a big deal...

Throw up some pics when you get it done!:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright, the harness and dash kit are shipping
In the meantime I've got the ac and emergency flashers plugged back in, but I noticed this morning my trunk release button kit stopped working. Does it hook up to the stereo somehow? And if so do you know which plug? I'm concerned because the harness I ordered only plugs into one of the two plugs my stereo goes into, and I don't want to permanently lose that trunk release button...thanks guys

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright, i'm gonna go test the plugs and see if any of them resolve the issue
I guess if the small plug the new harness doesn't have makes it work I'll get a harness for the shaker system or something....thoughts?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nvm, just a freaky coincidence, hooked up the old stereo, trunk release button still not working
Tore out the joor jamb, and sure enough my "top notch professional installation tape" had unpeeled and seperated the wires
got them back together with a more secure solution (plastic clicky thing) and removed stereo
working great again
weird how that sometimes times itself
thanks all for your help, this board is a lifesaver:bigthumbsup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts