Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a dual exhaust conversion kit for my 2006 V6 Mustang off of eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250438477438&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab=Watching

I'm just wanting to make sure before I start installing it, do most conversion kits like this one that I purchased require any cutting? Or is it as simple as remove the old single exhaust and install the dual exhaust system? And then naturally cut out the hole in the rear bumper for the extra tip on the drivers side.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, I just got it in and thought I'd ask before going in and ripping everything out!

Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
did the hangers for the driver's side come in the kit?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i bought the jba h kit, and it came with hangers. but i didnt like how they were made and couldnt get them to hang just right. ended up going to fords and getting 2 oem hangers. my problem was solved( for 100.00) thats a pretty good price for the whole system.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So a little feedback on the system -- i personally wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

First off, the instructions on the exhaust system sucked horribly! They gave me more brackets then I actually needed and they referred to every bracket as a band bracket, though there were 4 different brackets in the kit! Plus no illustrations to illustrate what bracket goes where -- luckily this isnt my first exhaust kit so I already knew where they go.

The x-pipe did not line up perfectly, nor did the hangers so we ended up having to customize our own and cutting off their hangers that were welded on.

Overall, the kit was a bad fit in my opinion. Its a great price if you want a kit that'll work, but needs a lot more tweaking then necessary!

Oh and on the drivers side mid-pipe, it hits on the rear end big time! I did everything in my power to get it to stop, but now im gonna have to put some kind of rubber bumper/stop to keep it from hitting. Who knows why that is!?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
So a little feedback on the system -- i personally wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

First off, the instructions on the exhaust system sucked horribly! They gave me more brackets then I actually needed and they referred to every bracket as a band bracket, though there were 4 different brackets in the kit! Plus no illustrations to illustrate what bracket goes where -- luckily this isnt my first exhaust kit so I already knew where they go.

The x-pipe did not line up perfectly, nor did the hangers so we ended up having to customize our own and cutting off their hangers that were welded on.

Overall, the kit was a bad fit in my opinion. Its a great price if you want a kit that'll work, but needs a lot more tweaking then necessary!

Oh and on the drivers side mid-pipe, it hits on the rear end big time! I did everything in my power to get it to stop, but now im gonna have to put some kind of rubber bumper/stop to keep it from hitting. Who knows why that is!?
thanks for sharing that info. that jba h pipe kit went on real good except i made the mistake of not double checking everything before i tightened down all the clamps( which are awesome clamps, too good really) and my drivers side was too close to the diff. problem was i couldnt get it apart, when i did, i had to cut the stainless off 1" with a die grinder, then i had a hard time getting it back together. i tried a tailpipe expander and broke it trying to get some flare back in the pipe. and that sucker cost 379 for the h, 80 for the gt`s, 110 for oem hangers. but i look at it this way, exaust system instalation is suppose to suck :D but the end result is allways good :gringreen let see some pics!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I agree, installing exhaust systems WITHOUT a lift are the biggest pain in the ass lol

I'll get some pictures tomorrow for y'all! It's all good to go now. Had to take it to my buddies who has a lift, found out that the driver side hanger on the rear of the muffler towards the tip was hitting the frame, causing major vibrations which sucked driving around town with lol and then the drivers side mid-pipe was hitting the rear end, where it goes up and over the top of the rear end, so we just installed a hanger there and its all good to go now!:bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.