Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty well mechanically inclined. I have a good tool invintory. I want to put headers on my automatic 2002 gt. If I get a welder by june I will put on long tubes, X-pipe and reweld my glass packs back on. But if i get to impatient i will put on shorties, and bolt on to the stock H-pipe. The instructions I have read do not seem to be to hard. Any imput from personal experince? Is ther any speciffic headers i need to stay away from? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
152 Posts
dont forget the blood, sweat, and tears.

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
i have done them,,,you will kill a day doing it,but will save alot of money and say plenty of bad words,lol.....

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Be patience and install the LT's:bigthumbsup Shorties aren't worth it as the stock exhaust manifolds flow pretty decent coming out of the factory. Good Luck. Might want a buddy there with you too to give you a hand:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
2002gt headers

Yes it takes a lot of time to swap headers on automatic GT. Had to jack motor up take out starter, remove motor mounts, disconnrct steering, lot of work, without pulling motor. Some advice, drill the heads of all header bolts and safety wire them keeps them tight.

·
Registered
309 Posts
From what I've heard don't do shorties. If I were to put some on my car I'd to long tubes as well. I'm a mechanic for a living. And no matter what the job is, it's only as hard as you make it. Take your time, make room, and you'll do just fine. It's just nuts and bolts. And remember, every good mechanic always has spare parts!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I agree as they will net you close to nothing over stock. For the money I would go with LT's as well.

From what I've heard don't do shorties.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.