Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the dreaded plastic crossover intake I know there are lots of threads on this topic and no I don’t qualify for the recall. Anyways I purchased the PI intake from Livernois and will be installing it shortly. I also read that a Thermostat swap may help the pressure build up.

They make a 160 & 180 degree thermostat, any recommendations on which would be better? And can I get a new thermostat housing from a general auto parts store?

I’m also changing the Vacuum line, PCV Valve, and spark plugs apart from the O-rings for the fuel injector and gasket for the throttle body.

Is there anything else I should swap out while I’m at this?

The answer to your question is "YES" I have no clue about cars. Luckily for me the biker across the street is going to help me out.

M

·
0 Posts
Id go 180. Thats what i put in when i did the swap. 160 can make u run too rich.. As far as the housing, i dont know why u would need a new one unless there is something wrong with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i would say go with 160 as long as you get it tuned it should be fine. also now would be a good time to port those heads before you get them strapped on.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
hawks05 said:
i would say go with 160 as long as you get it tuned it should be fine. also now would be a good time to port those heads before you get them strapped on.
Stay w/the 180 and I believe he's only changing the intake manifold, not doing the head swap. Otherwise, he wouldn't need the Livernois kit w/it's trick adaptors.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
yeah, the stock one is 200 so 180 is perfectly fine. 160 is too low unless you're blowing massive amounts of boost and lots of timing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right...well thanks guys. I think I will go with the 180. I heard that the 160 makes the car run rich and since im not rich I cant afford the gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.