Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, have the prokit, planning on installing within next couple weeks weather permitting..I've heard a lot of ford fasteners are one time use..wondering if this applies to any of the ones used in a r&r of front and rear springs...also, I have searched the forum and there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus on whether alignment can be brought back in to range w/out the need for new camber bolts..does it vary that much from car to car or is there a hard answer to this..thanks in advance

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx stl..good to let let it settle before getting it aligned?? maybe a couple hundred miles? just wondering if I wait to get the camber bolts when it's on the rack if I'll get hosed at the dealership, wonder if frpp has a set of them that the dealer will have or if I should just order the eibach bolts and bring them with me, just dont wanna spend the 40 bucks on them and then not need them..might just have to bite the bullet..

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
thx stl..good to let let it settle before getting it aligned?? maybe a couple hundred miles? just wondering if I wait to get the camber bolts when it's on the rack if I'll get hosed at the dealership, wonder if frpp has a set of them that the dealer will have or if I should just order the eibach bolts and bring them with me, just dont wanna spend the 40 bucks on them and then not need them..might just have to bite the bullet..
If it were me I'd invest in some heavy duty strut mounts/camber plates. The stock mounts are rather cheesy and are actually one-time use anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fasteners are reusable. As for the Camber bolts mine came back within specs fine with the prokit, but after the fact I got new camber bolts and now its dead on perfect. The bolts are fairly inexpensive so go with them from the start imo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I reused my fasteners. Some have had problems with the sway bar end link nuts coming loose after re-use, but mine have stayed tight. There's a good chance you will need some type of camber correction with the pro-kit if you are trying to get back to factory spec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.