Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 64 1/2 convertible occasional driver which I have owned since 1967 that is 99% original. It didn't originally come with rear seat belts but for safety reasons it is time to install them. Has anyone had experience installing two or possibly three belt sets that could offer some pointers?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello. :) :welcome Here's how I did it to mine. It's exactly what it appears to be, just poke holes and put the size-huge seat belt washers on the underside of the car. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Veronica, for the picture. I finally installed the belts yesterday, very similar to the way you did it in your picture. No problem. I drilled 1/8" pilot holes first to make sure there were no surprises on the underside prior to drilling the bolt-sized hole.

I always enjoy your posts here, and your blog over at "Care and Feeding". However, I can't get past the first page anymore. I am the classic-owner guy you describe on your blog that has owned his car since he was 17. Any help to get on your blog?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Also, It is a good idea to put as large as possible flat washers on the back side in the case of an accident to help lessen the posisbility of the belts/bolts ripping through the sheet metal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did it. The belts came with 2 1/2 or 3" washers. Installed them.
Thanks for double checking me.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Thanks, Veronica, for the picture. I finally installed the belts yesterday, very similar to the way you did it in your picture. No problem. I drilled 1/8" pilot holes first to make sure there were no surprises on the underside prior to drilling the bolt-sized hole.

I always enjoy your posts here, and your blog over at "Care and Feeding". However, I can't get past the first page anymore. I am the classic-owner guy you describe on your blog that has owned his car since he was 17. Any help to get on your blog?
Hi again. :) Thank you. That is very kind of you. :embarrassed: Google has been making all sorts of 'improvements', with most of them being of the variety "I can no longer......" What you have to do is either click on the arrows under archive over on the right hand side of the page and look through the post titles, or, type something into the search bar. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts