Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am installing an aftermarket transmission kick down cable, similiar to the one made by lokar, and am not sure how to set up the tension initially? I have the lokar braket on my carb and one end of the cable already attatched to the transmission. I am just trying to finish the other end on the carb. If anyone could help with the initial adjustment of the cable i would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Ford says that the cable should be tight enough to pull the trans kick down lever fully forward at full throttle. B&M Performance Transmission told me to have the lever full forward at 3/4 throttle. If the cable gets adjusted anywhere before that, the kickdown will be engaging too soon and too often. I adjusted my cable to fully engage just before full throttle, as the 3/4 setting was engaging too soon for my liking and if the cable tightens too soon, it can prevent the throttle from fully opening.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, two posts, two responses, and they were both from you. I might as well just be asking you these questions, ha, thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts