Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ... so I have my wheel studs now. Have my axles. Am sitting looking at this picture and I'm thinking I surely dont want to try to pound these things in with a hammer. Sticking the axles up on a press looks a bit difficult. Whats the preferred method here fellas?
:headscratch:

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
I've seen some lightly tap the studs in to get them started, then use a wheel and lugs to seat the studs. Tighten them down slowly, it should draw the stud into the axle flange until it seats.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Large stack of washers, and an open end lug nut. Crank down slowly as Eagle suggested, until the flange of the stud butts the axle.:wavey

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
:doh: The stack of washers would work better than the whole wheel. Tighten the lugs slowly, that way it'll draw the stud in straight.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
:evilchuck Whatcha trying to say?

R

·
0 Posts
:happyhapp Confidence is the Key!

But yeah Eagle, dont swell my head, Im a small guy, and if my head gets any bigger Id look like a Bobble Head.:laugh:

I Must Resist
I Must Resist
I Must Resist
I Must Resist
I Must Resist

Oh the hell with it.......:happyhapp

Attachments

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
:evilchuck :hihi: :evilchuck :hihi:

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Oh the hell with it.......:happyhapp

Your First warning:

Offensive Content:
Offensive content is NOT permitted in any of our forums. Obscene, harmful, threatening, abusive, unlawful, defamatory or otherwise objectionable material of any kind will NOT be tolerated under any circumstance. This includes but not limited to, profane language, sexual material, or anything that might exploit minors. Any posts not in compliance with this rule will be promptly deleted or edited to remove offensive content.

Just a reminder:

:boxing::sterb:

LOL...

R

·
0 Posts
it can't be considered offensive when only facts are stated without malice......:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.