Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Has anyone installed a Bassani X-Pipe with axleback performance mufflers on a 2005 GT with automatic tranny???

Any gains??? Any more sound???

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance, Dave :shrug :shrug :shrug :shrug

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Dunno about the fit around the auto but think it should be fine.

The sound is 'quicker', uh...?? Hard to explain, it's shorther between the idle V8 rumbles, making it more 'Ferrari V12' sounding, sorry about that analogy!

Power gains are minimal, a bit better pull in the higher range, let's say through 4000 RPM. Maybe 3 RWHP and 10 lb TQ...??

·
Registered
177 Posts
i got the magnaflow set up, and i dynoed 2 hp gain, was the sound worth 500 bux, maybe, but i do love the sound a whole bunch. most of my sound came from the cats not the x pipe.

R

·
0 Posts
Oct '05 MM&FF did an article on X-pipes, and a pro chamber, all units yeilded about 3-4 rwhp gains. I think the lions share of exhaust gains are in LT headers, that complimented with the X-pipe will yeild appx 15/20 gains.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to Everyone:

From what I'm hearing and for the price, the X-Pipe would "NOT" be a very good value...

I'll spend the same amount of $$$ on a new 62mm TB instead...

My MAC axlebacks produce a "KICK ASS" sound so I was looking for a performance gain...

Thanks for your opinions,

Dave :worship :worship :worship :worship

·
Registered
386 Posts
discofan said:
Guys,

Has anyone installed a Bassani X-Pipe with axleback performance mufflers on a 2005 GT with automatic tranny???

Any gains??? Any more sound???

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance, Dave :shrug :shrug :shrug :shrug
At a show , a guy had a GT auto w/ Bassani X-Pipe installed ..at idle the sound was almost normal, bit more rumble ...when he revved it up, it was L O U D ...but sweet sounding ...I was surprised at the noise...come to find out he had the off road bassani ...which will give you a bit more than 2hprw I suspect...he ended up taking it off though...was too loud for him...that's one mod I didn't opt for....not enough power to $$$ ratio.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the Bassani axel back set up and they sound amazing with my STEEDA CAI and new flash tune. The Bassani exhaust is 650.00 big ones

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theyogawarrior said:
I have the Bassani axel back set up and they sound amazing with my STEEDA CAI and new flash tune. The Bassani exhaust is 650.00 big ones
$650.00 -- OUCH!!!

That's too much $$$ for me right now...

I have the MACs axlebacks and I like the sound...

Thought I would ask around regarding the X-Pipe theory and what I got was that you can spend the bucks but the performance gains are disappointing...

Remember, I drive an automatic w/3.73 gears, so I need all the low-end torque I can possibly get...

Maybe I'll go to a bigger TB for a little more POWER... Or SUPERCHARGE!!!

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
discofan said:
$650.00 -- OUCH!!!

That's too much $$$ for me right now...

I have the MACs axlebacks and I like the sound...

Thought I would ask around regarding the X-Pipe theory and what I got was that you can spend the bucks but the performance gains are disappointing...

Remember, I drive an automatic w/3.73 gears, so I need all the low-end torque I can possibly get...

Thanks, Dave
The after cat X is 'only' $180 but have to be welded on...

I remember noting a better, very even pull after putting it on. I think the peak came down in the register a bit, or evened out for a more even curve with a massive pull from 4000-6500 RPM insted of the stock H burst 4500-5800 RPM...??

I think you were looking into the CMDP on another thread and those too will take some of the lowest end TQ. Those losses (CMDP and the X) are almost outside the envelope below 2500 RPM I'd guestimate so they are not really a factor while getting on it, and not noticeble when you're not...

SC will take care of all your HP and TQ needs! :happyhapp

·
Registered
386 Posts
discofan said:
$

Thanks, Dave
Hey Dave..how do you like the 3.73 gears ??...I am installing the same & was curious as to how they perform w/the Automatic...significant difference ?? How's the revs through the gears ?

One good thing about the Saleen S/C it provides bulk of it's usuable torque Low End.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
roboz said:
Hey Dave..how do you like the 3.73 gears ??...I am installing the same & was curious as to how they perform w/the Automatic...significant difference ?? How's the revs through the gears ?

One good thing about the Saleen S/C it provides bulk of it's usuable torque Low End.
Dear Roboz,

Going from the stock 3.31 for the automatic to the 3.73 makes the car jump a little better. I did not get that "snap your neck" feel that I expected, however the car DOES REV FASTER and runs about 200RPMs higher at highway speeds (No Problem)...

The reason that I went for the 3.73 over the 4.11 is that I will supercharge next year and was told by my SVT dealer that 3.73 is the best gear for use with a S/C...

He said that the 4.11 is too much gear when you supercharge...

I had the FRPP Gears installed and they are "as smooth as silk"...

No whine and no problems...

In addition, I have MACs axlebacks which sound even better on acceleration because I have raised the RPMs due to the gear selection...

Stay in touch with me regarding your mods, Dave :tongue

P.S. Give me some details on your Saleen because I want to same set up as you have on my car...

Satin Silver w/red interior w/automatic 3.73, MACs, Steeda CAI, Diablo Tune, Rosch lowering springs on rear only, front "Classic" spoiler...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts