Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so awhile back i bought the reverse glow white faced gauges and installed them on my car, after a few days the speedometer stopped working, it will work sometimes when the car gets hot or the car has sat in the sun for awhile. my tachometer does work but it will stop at 3grand and start fully working when the car gets hot

i inspected for a pinched wire but could not find anything damaged or out of place, should i buy a new instrument cluster because theyre only about 70 bucks on ebay and see if that works?

any ideas? thankks:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
First check the cluster ground. It's located behind the center console and is shared by a number of devices including the radio. The ground is frequently messed up during a radio install.

The post does not mention the model year of your Mustang. If this is a 99-04, check out the following thread:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/v6-tech/304608-my-odometer-goes-off.html#2657361

As for the tach, look for something "binding" the needle movement. That's the only logical reason the needle stops at 3K after a repair/upgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts