Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i got my rebuilt 302 in my 1987 foxbody 5.0 gt in this weekend, along with my new(er) t5 transmission. Now in the past month i have redid the interior, i got a 89 dash and has to keep the old instrument cluster and housing. But now the thing is i noticed my gas gauge and and my oil pressure light are sky high. it seems like the right side of the cluster is out of wack. thats one thing. Now i drove the car for the first time because as yous know (if you have seen my post before) this car was bought for the shell because it is in good condition, and i rebuilt a thunderbird 302, and i got a used (but good) t5 transmission...., so my first time driving the car i noticed the speedometer goes up to 20 MPH and starts bouncing, but the RPM gauge seems accurate because when i rev the engine it goes up and down as usual.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem ? this is really the last step to get my fox in perfect running order. Thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On the back of the dash there is a voltage regulator that controls everything. If the guages arent working/bouncing around that would be my first place to look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts