Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long day today! good one though. Today i tackled my doors, i pulled all the hardware out of my doors. I insulated them and then got the primed. I painted the interior side of the door and coated with one coat of clearcoat. I lost my cap to my satajet. Im mad had to spray with a cap made of tape. Didnt know it was missing until after i mixed paint. My hand is nice and shiny too from all the spill. :/ anyways here are some videos and pictures that may help someone. Or may help someone decide what not to do. :0
YouTube - ‪65 coupe inuslating door‬‏
YouTube - ‪65mustang insulating door3‬‏
YouTube - ‪vids 012‬‏

Attachments

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
you're setting yourself up for some serious problems in a few years with that door repair.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks lizer. The door will get replaced at some point. Just not while I'm not working. When I was clea ing with a wire wheel today I found that rust. I have some on my other door too. Need some time to bank money for doors front fenders and front glass. It should do for now though. Well i hope so.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
It will get you by for awhile, maybe 1-3 years. That is a very common spot for heavy rust on the doors. One of my doors was rotted out too bad there, and I got a salvage door from a donor car. After wirewheeling it exposed little holes there too. They weren't horrible so I cut out the spot and welded in a patch.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lizer what did you do about the texture? The panels on the door have a dimpled texture to them. Did you just leave them smooth?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts