Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I called my insurance company Friday. I wanted to see about getting FULL coverage, down to every last oil pan bolt. They came out to my house Friday and looked over my car because the motor is out of it right now, and today I got a call about 11 a.m. saying I was insured to 10,000 dollars... Wow. They did a "mock" appraisal on it to 12,500 dollar value. I'm blown away. Every part on this car is either new or really close to new, interior is drop dead gorgeous and free of fading even... Wow guys I'm just really excited to know my car is worth that much. Just figured I would brag some since I never have... :scratchchin

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha well It's the only thing in my name that is worth anything at all so I'm pretty excited to know it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
680 Posts
Are you asking me to make it disappear?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ha well It's the only thing in my name that is worth anything at all so I'm pretty excited to know it. :bigthumbsup

haha i was just kidding...since you were bragging just wanted to bring you back down!!!

but yea, i could get 3k for my car if i was lucky...so looks like thats how much im worth!

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Who are you insured with right now?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont want it to disappear haha

I am insured with Progressive...

R

·
0 Posts
Did they insure the pink engine stand too......

thats a good number on the value of the car.....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I really need to buy an Agreed Value Policy for my Mustang as Blue Book could never come close to replacing it if anything were to ever happen.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You can get full coverage at reasonable cost

I have my 88 GT insured with Hagerty at an agreed value of $23,000, for an annual premium of $505/year. When I was trying to choose, I also asked Heacock to quote. Hagerty was more open to the idea of insuring my car, calling it an "exotic", as it does not meet the maximum age requirement they normally insure (I think it's currently 1979).
You need to call them, skip doing anything online, as you will be rejected.

Liability coverage fairly minimal, as I don't drive it much:
BI = $100K/person - $300K/accident
PD = $50K/accident
Medical payements = $1K/person/acc.
UMBI = $25K/person - $50K/acc.

Damage to Auto:
Other than collision (46% of premium cost)
Collision (44% of premium cost)
Spare parts - $750 limit

You will need to demonstrate you are currently insured, by faxing them your declarations page. They want to know exactly what your current coverage consists of and what coverage you want. You will need to fill out their application and send photos, as well as a description or listing of all the modifications and their estimated cost. This will help them accept the insured value you're asking for.
They will not send an agent to look at the car. That's not necessary, unless the car is over some huge amount of money - I forget that amount.

Anyway, it's not hard and it's cheap for the peace of mind that, if your car is totaled or stolen and stripped, you'll at least get some money to start over...

By the way, they want the total annual premium in one payment. You cannot do it in quarters or monthly.

I hope this is helpful to all of you.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank's Oldguy!! That's a heck of a deal too. BUT... do you have to pay the extra 505 a year on top of your other insurance payment???

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did they insure the pink engine stand too......

thats a good number on the value of the car.....:bigthumbsup
I'm sure they will insure a pink engine stand if I really wanted too... :laugh:

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
everybody take oldguys advice. paid progressive premiums for years, and when its time for a claim(uninsured motorist) they broke it off in me! i am still arguing with them.... :nono:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thank's Oldguy!! That's a heck of a deal too. BUT... do you have to pay the extra 505 a year on top of your other insurance payment???
As soon as you get the appropriate verification that you have your new policy with Hagerty, Heacock, whatever, you call your old car insurance agent and drop your old policy. The new policy will be all you need.

I forgot to explain why the deal is cheaper - has to do with the miles you drive. They won't insure a daily driver, that racks up 10,000 miles per year. They want low mileage, which equates to lower risk of an accident.

That part is important and I'm sorry I didn't say it in the first place.:embarrassed

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As soon as you get the appropriate verification that you have your new policy with Hagerty, Heacock, whatever, you call your old car insurance agent and drop your old policy. The new policy will be all you need.

I forgot to explain why the deal is cheaper - has to do with the miles you drive. They won't insure a daily driver, that racks up 10,000 miles per year. They want low mileage, which equates to lower risk of an accident.

That part is important and I'm sorry I didn't say it in the first place.:embarrassed
Thank you Sir! :bigthumbsup

And Reggie, you better watch out!! :hihi: New camera is in the making. Expect it early next week buddy. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
956 Posts
I am going to go with Hagerty soon, they seem really nice to deal with. Also with Hagerty if you car gets totaled and is insured for say 10K, you can get your can back, if its something you want to try to fix, they just take out what they figure they could get for it, maybe 2K, so you get 8K and your car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.