Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Mustang GT Coupe insured for replacement value for 2 years, with my wife on the policy as well ( just to let her know that she COULD drive it if i let here but never have) This cost me $ 2,200.00 Canadian per year, $1,780.00 in American for those who don't know the exchange rates. How does this compare with you ? When i add a supercharger do i tell the broker ? Supercharger 7-8 thou. Increase in insurance to cover ? Should i tell broker about any mods done ie cat back, cold air re flash etc ?

2005 GT Coupe Windveil Blue 5 speed manual, black leather, shaker 500, anti theft, ford oem car cover, wheel locks,17" bright cast alum wheels,body side mouldings, cat back, cold air intake, reflash computer

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2005 Mustang GT Coupe and I am paying about $605 USD/year.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The cost of insurance will depend on your age, marital status, location, driving record, coverages, and if any children are listed on the policy.
Young single males living in a large city with 1 or more tickets or accidents in the last 3 years will pay thru the nose for insurance.
Old married farts(like me) with a clean driving record, no children on the policy, and living in the sticks will pay the least.
My annual premium is $424 for $250/500G liability, $100G prop. dam., $500 ded. coll., $100 ded. comp., $15/30G unins./underins. mot., PIP-$5G med./$2.5G funeral, $50 towing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
$176 every 6 mos for a '06 GT, $250k/$500k liab $1000 ded coll, $100 ded comp. Old fart, don't live in a large metro area and good driving record, no accidents. Now, if my soon to be 16 year old son was to be primary driver the insurance would be almost 10X cost. I am not going to even have him as an ocassional driver 'cause that would triple the cost.

·
Registered
897 Posts
37 yr old single male

$1200.00 Canadian for 05 GT Premium 5 Speed Leather, Active Alarm, and IUP with 2 car discount.

$500.00 deductible all perils.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I pay $550.00 every 6 months with State Farm. No tickets no accidents. Old fart in Florida. Full coverage, $250 deductible on comp and collision.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
$1,000 a year, wife have speeding tickets... all maxed out coverage (wife had an accident, driver at fault was under insured, learned my lesson and maxed it out!)

Have custom parts insurance up to $5,000 on the Stang. Will not cover it when the blower goes on but to insure the car at 'value' was redicolous! Yearly over doubled for bringing the value up to 40K! :sosad:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I always wondered what the insurance companies would do when you tell them you modded the car, well anywho my fathers primary on my mustang (hehe) but if I was primary if would be atleast 4500 a year..ouch. Took me awhile to convince my dad to get it when he'd be buying a new mustang just about every 5-6 years at that cost..

18 year old in Tampa Florida =P, gotten two tickets but they should only know about one, the 60 in a 45, my first one (70 in 50) I took the course for.. but I did get in an accident but it wasnt my fault and the other guy paid for everything on my old mustang.. and I have atleast a 3.0 so it helps insurance.

·
Registered
265 Posts
KJ who do you have your insurance through? Called Cincinnati insurance group they wanted like 1100.00, not bad but thinking of switching. NO tix, no wrecks, all good.

BC

kj_cinci said:
$1,000 a year, wife have speeding tickets... all maxed out coverage (wife had an accident, driver at fault was under insured, learned my lesson and maxed it out!)

Have custom parts insurance up to $5,000 on the Stang. Will not cover it when the blower goes on but to insure the car at 'value' was redicolous! Yearly over doubled for bringing the value up to 40K! :sosad:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Ben,

Congratz again on ordering the car! Sorry I couldn't talk Friday...

I normally shop around before renewing my ins but didn't have time this time around. I'm with Progressive that I've been with for years now. Averytime I renew (exept this December) the only ones competing in price is AIG, often a bit lower than Progressive. AIG have an airline pilot discount but I don't know how much that takes off for me... I used to have AIG in FL but they were not avail in KY, don't know now and they're avail here in OH... I've also heard that AIG give you a great rate and then increase it with every renewal... thinking back on when I had them 98-01 they did have kinda stiff increases after they got you hooked...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts