Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy my first Mustang here soon and i was wandering what the insurance might be on an 88-92 GT or LX. I'm 18, have a clean driving record, and live out in a rural area. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
depending on state prob somewhere around 150+ a month. i remember when i had my 93 Cobra it was around $120 when i was 21. But that was Full coverage, not sure the age you have to be on liability. atm i pay around $30 for liability

·
Registered
113 Posts
best bet man is to just call a local insurance place and they'll give ya a free quote

·
Registered
336 Posts
Gonna be pretty pricey for a teen driver just because the Mustang is flagged as a sports car no matter what motor is in it! :afraid Although the GT will be a bit more then a 4 banger. A lot of companies like Geico or Progressive offer a free online quote, give them a try.

Robert

·
Banned
480 Posts
Try and sign on your parents policy. That's what I did and I'm paying way less than I would solely under my name. On a second note though, my dad and I 'cheated', I think it's insured as a 'casual' car, meaning I "don't" drive it every day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm currently on my parents policy and my truck is under as "Farm use" cus we have a farm so I'm kinda cheating already too :shigrin, i think ill try a free quote online though thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
At the age of 30+ and a family guy, my 89 LX 5.0 coupe costs me 375$ per year, covering EVERYTHING under the sun, and ZERO deductible.

That's cheap, but maybe insurances are less expensive in Canada than i nthe US. I also have two other cars and a house with the same company, so there's a discount too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.