Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A print article in the money section of USA today (Tuesday 8/9) says that Ford designed the Mustang to be more insurance friendly. Besides being safer, it supposedly costs less to repair, has stronger bumpers (can withstand up to 5mph impacts -- but I find it hard to belive that any mustang can go that slow :gringreen) , etc... Ford consulted State Farm and Hartfor Insurance. Bottom line is that the insurance companies are waiting for enough accidents to see if this is really true or not, so expect rates to go down in 2007 if they go down at all.

So everyone drive carefully until then...LOL:heha:.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
"The Mustang's bumpers are built to withstand impacts up to 5 miles per hour. Federal law mandates bumpers withstand 3-mile-an-hour impacts. The change means a parking lot accident might not require a new bumper"
But a parking lot accident may require a hospital visit for the one who caused it :evilchuck

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well I'll tell you this ... Just a mere accident that happened to me two weeks ago ... is a semi tire came out of nowhere on from a truck and nailed my front bumper ... i off roaded over it ... it hit the right rocker panel ... and then came out and hit my rear bumper ... all at 70 mph ... Damage assessment ... as of right now ... my front bumper was pushed inward very slightly I mean you would have to stare at it for a few seconds to realize there is a difference ... the rocker panel ... well with those cheap plastic pins those, busted right off and it bent my rocker panel ... and the rear bumper ... well the tire came out and kicked the rear light housing so hard (the one on the side of the bumper) ... it pushed it upward and is now trying to push through the bumper ... but, to tell you the truth the bumper did not suffer any dramatic visual damage ... like no spider webbing of the paint and no dents ... I was really surprised ... I was expecting to see the bumper pushed in more or some folding.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Headlamp placement. That's not good. That will put a 'dent' on knowing that we have a Newly Redesigned 2005 Mustang with a pre insurance-friendly design. They said "Rather than putting the Mustang's headlamps flush with the front grille, Ford engineers pulled the headlamps back away from the grill." Sounds like it will slightly change the design of the front section of the car. WTF :eek:

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
GT auto insurance.

On the window sticker it says "this vehicle qualifies for auto insurance discounts call blah blah.. or www.fordsautoinsurance.com"
I thought I would get a quote, what a joke, They came up with $3,483 for a policy. My current insurance quote would be less than 1k.

·
Registered
271 Posts
RiceRocktToMust said:
Headlamp placement. That's not good. That will put a 'dent' on knowing that we have a Newly Redesigned 2005 Mustang with a pre insurance-friendly design. They said "Rather than putting the Mustang's headlamps flush with the front grille, Ford engineers pulled the headlamps back away from the grill." Sounds like it will slightly change the design of the front section of the car. WTF :eek:
Not sure what you mean here...how is this not good? The new Mustang looks bitchin with the headlights right where they are - and if it benefits our insurance too, that sounds like a win-win to me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don't know...my insurance is pretty cheap. That's with all three cars, two teenage sons and a blonde wife! The stang is just a few dollars (literally)higher than the Jeep.

·
Registered
209 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
I don't know...my insurance is pretty cheap. That's with all three cars, two teenage sons and a blonde wife! The stang is just a few dollars (literally)higher than the Jeep.
Hey Killer, Hope your blonde can't read. JK :sterb:

·
Registered
394 Posts
junior said:
Hey Killer, Hope your blonde can't read. JK :sterb:
She can read...but I'm not worried. She doesn't know how to use a computer. She's always looking for the "Any" key and putting white-out on the monitor when she makes mistakes typing. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts