Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for help from Mustang enthusiasts about my shops need for an intake adapter to fit onto a '03 4.6L supercharged cobra motor. The engine currently resides in a 67 Mustang, and the throttle body inlet is closer than desired to the passenger shock tower. We need some sort of intake adapter to fit onto the dual throttle plate oval style throttle body. The tighter the bend the better. We are currently using a 99 cobra intake which has a tighter bend, but its a tough fit, so we're going to make a custom intake. So, I wonder, does anyone know of a elbow or something that fits onto an oval shaped throttle body?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Intake

Check out your local auto parts store or junk yards and use a circular rubber sleeve intake adapter that you can conform to the oval shape and clamp it down with a screw-tite clamp. If your going to fabricate your own intake pipe then you might want to measure and bend your own piping. I used to have a Camaro Iroc-Z and I know that it used oval shaped intake piping so you might want to look into one of those at a junk yard and you can heat it and make a sharper bend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.