Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm so close to putting my rebuilt 289 back in the car (66 coupe). Just yesterday however, I noticed that my new intake manifold (edelbrock high-rise) has a threaded port for the PCV valve hose just below where the back of the carb will be. I thought that was fine since the old intake had the same port but on the spacer.

When I looked at the carb though (edelbrock #1403) I noticed that it too has a threaded port in the back for the PCV hose.

So which one should I use? The port in the manifold is larger and looks closer to the original size... the one in the carb is noticeably smaller. Also, how would I plug the unused one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I'd use the one on the carb. The one on intake you can get a plug for at any parts store. Or put in a barbed end fitting in it and cap it off. Very usefull for hooking up a vacuum gauge during tuning or running a vacuum gauge permanetly to help you control how you drive and gas mileage.( if it matters to you)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Use the port on the carb. The intake manifold fitting is for automatic transmission vacuum modulator and brake booster connections, not PCV. Cap it if you do not have a use for it. A PCV system has constant airflow through it, unlike vacuum hoses for brake boosters and transmission modulators, and should never be connected to an intake runner. It will lean out one cylinder if you do.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok great thanks for the advice guys I probably would've done the opposite out of ignorance haha

I'll use a barb fitting on the carb for the pcv hose and I'll put a solid plug on the other port

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts