Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...i just bought a C&L upper intake plenum. I now plan on buying a 75mm throttle body and K&N FIPK. My new Bassani x-pipe and Magnaflow and 3.73 gears just arrived. Should i buy one of those SPACERS for my intake. My car is N/A. I also have a Steeda TA and Pulleys. What is my next move? a programer? Do i need a custom tune? I don't really understand how that all works. Mainly wondering if i should buy that spacer thing for my intake for now....Thanks for any help

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, and should i get a 75mm throttle body? C&L claims yes! some people say to use 70mm and that 75mm could be counter-productive....

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Forget the spacer. The new plenum has more volume than the stock one so the same effect is already given. A 70mm will yield good gains. Anything bigger than that is not useful. 75mm will degrade the throttle response some. I have(had) a 70mm on mine before the blower install and I can say you'll be pleased with the improvement. Make sure you check the TPS voltage when you install the TB , it should be .97-.99 Volts DC. I don't remember right off the top of my head which wires you need to take the voltage from but there are people here that have that info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.